Yaesu FT-857D head set options?

Discussion in 'Microphones, Speakers & Audio Processing' started by K8FXX, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: L-rfparts
  1. K8FXX

K8FXX Ham Member QRZ Page

First of all my girlfriend is starting to get pissed about the noise of my radio when im operating... Im looking for a headset for my FT 857D. I want something that has good audio and a good microphone. I work portable and qrp and at home obviously. Im interested in the Heil pro elite set. I am not sure what adapter i would need OR if this would even work. I know my radio has VOX setting, that would be nice to use. OR i would like to just get a good set of headphones that would work with this radio and still use the hand mic. any suggestions are welcome, Im very open to anything as of right now because im not sure what direction i should go.
  2. AK4BM

AK4BM Ham Member QRZ Page

I use both, a set of Sony headphones and the handmic, and sometimes I use a Heil Proset with a foot switch. There is a Heil adapter that plugs into the body behind the faceplate....its a booger to take out.

3. W1GUH

W1GUH Ham Member QRZ Page

Just in case....be aware of the sp/headphone switch someplace on the radio. It switches the headphone jack from stereo (for headphones) to mono (for a speaker).

Just about any headset will be fine.
  4. KB3LIX

KB3LIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a Heil headset with my FT-897D.
    I will NEVER go back to a clumsy hand microphone.
  5. K8FXX

K8FXX Ham Member QRZ Page

O.K what adapter do you use? or do you not need one?
  6. W6UX

W6UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

7. K5HRD

K5HRD Ham Member QRZ Page

Go back in the Search and Look at the Pro Elite. There is a Guy on here selling one Cheap. I guess he Ordered one and received two. He's selling the other one. He about ten post up from this one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.