ad: Schulman-1

Yaesu Ft-450 only 50 Watts?

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by KC3EGP, Jan 29, 2017.

ad: l-rl
  1. 2E0LPL

2E0LPL Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting Karl...its in the hands of Yaesu at presnt...although with the length of time the 450 has been around if it had a problem you would think Yaesu would have had it sorted by now being a very popular rig.

Waiting for there report as to if they will repair it under warranty...this is the second time its failed within 1 month...before that I have had 1o trouble-free months all on the same antenna.

2. WD8BWW

WD8BWW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The PA in the 450 is very similar to the one in the 950, 1200, 3000, 2000 non D. If you have cooked another set of finals, if I were you, I'd look hard at my station. As I mention voltage drop or droop, SWR, ventilation, etc. I have replaced a few finals on all of these radios but none of any of the models at a higher rate. The 450 is a great little radio. On the flip side the difference between 10 and 100 watts is only a few of S units at the receiving station.

3. 2E0LPL

Yes going to think long and hard about the antenna and how its fed...odd it worked fine for 10mths with everything the same.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

What software/hardware are you using to auto-generated CW ?

Were you using the internal antenna tuner ?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  5. 2E0LPL

Hi I'm using a K1EL K44 CW Keyer 20wpm very briefly.

External MFJ 941e tuner...Inverted L antenna.