Yaesu FL-2100B SWR in standby

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by N8VIL, Jan 10, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N8VIL

N8VIL Ham Member QRZ Page

After the amplifier output to my dummy load is good SWR on all bands indicating that my dummy load is good. I have SWR meter before and after the amplifier. The input on standby or amplifier not powered up is the only SWR that I am concerned about. Going to try the capacitor at the relay when I get time.

2. VE7GPG

VE7GPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

what is the circuit on the pc board beneath the JV Caps for?

3. VE7GPG

HV Caps - sorry - fat fingers

4. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ha...I was going to ask the same question Greg. Missing from my amp as well.

I replaced my relay with some much quieter ones. Working FB. If interested shoot me an email. My callsign at gmail.com

5. N8VIL

That other circuit board is used in the FL-2500Z. It is a modification Yaesu put in that model for amplifier keying and it also has a voltage tripler for cutoff bias and relays. I believe you were referring to the board with the smaller capacitors on it.
    On the Harbach website under downloads is some info, pictures, and schematics of other modifications I did to my amplifier. I utilized his soft key board for the SB-200 for keying, adjustable ALC (changes threshold voltage), and voltage doubler for cutoff bias.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  6. VE7GPG

Yep - that was the one I was referring to - thanks for the info !

Greg
    VE7GPG

7. VE7GPG

Went to the site - that download is no longer available :(

Greg

8. N8VIL

It is still there. Just checked. Look under downloads and pick "SK-201 in FL-2100" You will have to enlarge the schematic and photo to read my notes. There is 3 different pages and you will have to scroll down to view the photos. It opens up in Adobe PDF reader.

http://harbachelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/SK-201FL-2100.pdf

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  9. VE7GPG

Got it - thanks very much

10. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

You're not answering my question !

Is the OUTPUT SWR good when the Amplifier is in the Standby position?

If the Amp is not doing anything, it is straight through . . . so the output SWR should be the same as the Input SWR!