ad: M2Ant-1

XML Lookup service not working

Discussion in 'QRZ XML Logbook Data' started by MI0NWA, Feb 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. MI0NWA

MI0NWA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi, I have a subscription but the lookup via HRD logbook is not working with QRZ. I also have a paid sub with HRD. I tried the QRZ XML test page and works fine but I am now using the free callbook.info(free) as a temp fix. There's nothing wrong on my side as HRD has no problem looking up calls via the free version so I can only assume its something to do with QRZ subscription or something.
    As a note my log automatically uploads to my QRZ log without any problem but then I have to fill in the blanks on my HRD logbook which is not the sort of thing I want to be doing while DX'ing.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

SM6EAT likes this.
  2. DL1HD

DL1HD Ham Member QRZ Page

I`ve the same problem since today. Logbook upload works fine but lookup via HRD doesn't work. I've already reported the problem to the QRZ.com helpdesk

3. W2ADX

W2ADX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

same here -- 2 machines no xml lookup ... Session key is stuck in HRD...
    Using XML and the correct session key manually from a URL gives a correct lookup.
    Somehow HRD is using an old key?

4. WB5JJJ

WB5JJJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here. Worked a couple days ago, but last 2 nothing. HRD Logbook brings up blank data. Subscription is valid until late 2019.

Where did you find the "session key"?

5. W2ADX

http://xmldata.qrz.com/xml/?username=KD2HDZ;password=xxxxxxxxx

use your uid and password in this url and it will return a valid session key...

Then copy only the session key into this string....
    http://xmldata.qrz.com/xml/current/?s=f894c4bd29f3923f3bacf02c532d7bd9;callsign=wb5jjj

Please replace this sample KEY with your own valid key ....
    and it will return a correct xml lookup..

Doesnt answer why tho... why did the HRD/QRZ lookup just stop working approx 14:00 UTC today

the specs are here https://www.qrz.com/page/current_spec.html

6. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No luck with any of the above.
    I noticed mine was not working at 09:00 today and still not working.

7. WB5JJJ

That worked. What determines the "session"? Is it valid until you restart LogBook or computer?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  8. W2ADX

Rebooted every day. Session keys change -- ... they are made to... .. 2 machines here dont work... so session key is a random thing assigned by QRZ XML processor.
    Both machines with different versions of HRD (613 and 577 old) don't work.... so,.... QRZ -- what changed...
    I recently updated my QRZ subscription -- like in the last 2 days, paid for no ads, premium subs... ... have any of you as well?

I also opened a ticket...

9. VE3PP

OK please explain how you made this work? Because I can not figure it out!

10. WB5JJJ

I'm sure there are more than one ticket opened on HRD and QRZ today. I already have 2 open on HRD, so I can't open another.

11. VE3PP

I also opened a session. I have done what was posted above but no joy. So I assume it is a problem on QRZ's side not ours. I have closed HRD, rebooted etc and still no look ups.

12. WB5JJJ

Well, I spoke too soon. It worked for 2 lookups and no longer. Retraced the steps and the "key" is the same, but it doesn't work a 3rd time.

Added Callbook.info ahead of QRZ.com for lookups and back working that way. Change at Logbook>>Options>>Callsign Lookup and move Callbook to the left and demote QRZ.com. Not as fast, but it does work.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  13. W2ADX

good move. did that also.... BUT ITS USA ONLY... (sad)

14. W2ADX

THIS WILL NOT FIX the problem. It will simply show that your session ID is valid from QRZ.com and is working.

VE3PP likes this.
  15. W2ADX

Please read above......... 2 machines different levels of HRD.... they both fail.... If this was HRD, then how could both fail!
    Both machines with different versions of HRD (613 and 577 old) don't work.... so,.... QRZ -- what changed..