ad: elecraft

XE1L Luis Chartarifsky SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W6BVB, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W6BVB

W6BVB Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sad news reported by the TX5K team:
    With deepest regrets we must tell you that shortly after returning to San Diego, Luis XE1L was stricken with a major heart attack and passed away within minutes.
    P3101230.jpg

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

So very sorry to hear. May he have eternal rest and his name be a blessing.

Jedi

3. XE1ZLG

XE1ZLG Ham Member QRZ Page

He was my personal friend and I was waiting him come back from Clipperton, very bad news for me and Mexican ham radio. I deeply feel bad and sad. Rest in peace my friend.

Luis Gtz. Xe1zlg

4. PA5COR

PA5COR Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad news, may he R.I.P. and condolences to his family and friends..

5. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences, may God Comfort all who knew Luis.

We shall all miss hearing him on the air. He loved to go on DXpeditions.

xe1l.png

Below copied from his QRZ Bio.

Major DXpeditions: 3Y0PI, 9M0M, 9N7MD, S07L, TZ6RM, XF4L, XR0Y, XR0Z, XZ0A upcoming TX5K, Clipperton Isl.
    Contests Callsigns: 4A7L, 4A9LCH, 6D1LCH, 6D7LCH, 6H1L, 6J1L, W4/XE1L (Various IOTA), W4T (Dry Tortugas), XF0L, XF5L, XF6L, YW5L.
    Other Entities Callsigns: 4K/XE1L, 4U/XE1L/ITU, 4U/XE1L/NY, 4U/XE1L/YK, 4X/XE1L, 6Y5/XE1L, 8P9/XE1L, 9N7MD, C6A/XE1L, CE0/XE1L, CE3/XE1L, FM5/XE1L, FS5/XE1L, J6/XE1L, KH7/XE1L, KP4/XE1L, P4/XE1L, PJ2/XE1L, TG9/XE1L, TZ6L, VE7/XE1L, VP8CPJ, W/XE1L, W4/XE1L, XE0LCH, XE1LCH, XE1L, XE1L/XF2, XE1L/XF3, XF3/XE1L, XZ1L, YV5/XE1L, ZD8/XE1L.
    As you can see I like to travel, to contest and chase DX.
    73 & DX de: XE1L, Luis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

73 K2HAT Lee

6. K1RE

K1RE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Luis was a close friend of mine for some 30-years and a roommate each year at Dayton over the last 15. His will be a significant personal loss to me and my family, and a very sad day for amateur radio. Condolences to Malvin and the family. He will be missed.

Ron, K1RE

7. W6BVB

W6BVB Ham Member QRZ Page

TX5K 2013:
    IMG_1481.jpg

8. XE1RK

XE1RK Ham Member QRZ Page

Everybody sad around here...Excellent operator, good friend for about 40 years. Also a good husband, father and son.. He was 68. We will remember him forever...

Ralph, XE1RK

9. WU5E

WU5E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My heart is sadden that one my DX friends went SK , On the one the best HF operators. A great CW operator, and good friend on 14.300. Luis the Lord will wrap his arms around you , see you in heavan.

10. NV9L

NV9L Ham Member QRZ Page

XE1L.jpg
    This is such sad news. Amateur radio lost a good operator and we all lost a friend.

11. N5AL

N5AL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.