ad: elecraft

WWV celebrating 100 Years

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0UO, May 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VK2NZA

VK2NZA Ham Member QRZ Page

Very dissapointing to see WWV/WWVH going silent, The 5 10 15 mhz signals have been with me for most of my life and still have
    use in my shack to check conditions time etc.
    Like many other signals R'SA, R'Australia the band is loosing those very familiar signals and views to the world on SW.

WA8FOZ likes this.
  2. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

KC1OCA, AF9US and WA7PRC like this.
  3. AJ4LN

AJ4LN Ham Member QRZ Page

And sometimes "Y"... I mean sometimes 25.Mhz. :)

KX4O likes this.
  4. MI0GTA

MI0GTA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Both links are broken on the main page http://wwv100.com/ asking for operators to apply...

5. W0DAS

W0DAS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Can you elaborate or send me an email? I'm unaware of a problem! W0DAS - swartzdave@comcast.net

We are really excited to see folks so interested in WWV! If you can't be here in Colorado in person, be sure to have a QSO with us! Here's to 100 more years . . .

KC1OCA likes this.
  6. VK3VM

VK3VM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

One if the greatest losses in Australia was VNG ... originally at Lyndhurst in Victoria, AU then Shanes Park in NSW. In-the-field frequency alignment of devices has subsequently been more difficult especially when WWV/WWVH signal propagation is poor (i.e. mornings) !

Now we have recently lost Radio Australia.

Viva La WWV and WWVH !

W0AQ likes this.
  7. W3MT

W3MT Ham Member QRZ Page

Happy anniversary WWV!

8. KA4ANA

KA4ANA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for your posting...glad to hear WWV will continue. Their QSL was the first one I ever received as a teenager prior to getting my Ham ticket many many years ago!!! KA4ANA

9. KC8UD

KC8UD Ham Member QRZ Page

Since the 1960's I've listened to WWV. I found it fascinating that when propagation allowed, I could hear both WWV and WWVH at the same time on the same frequency. There was no hetrodyne because of the local oscillators being so perfectly timed with each other.

KC1OCA, AJ4LN and KX4O like this.
  10. W0DAS

W0DAS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for your interest in the WWV Centennial this fall in Colorado. Please visit WWV100.com to learn more and also how you can help support our effort.

Thank you QRZ readers for pointing out a broken link, but we also discovered a few more glitches ourselves, so we are on it . . .

Come visit WW0WWV at Hamfest! We'll be with the MARS organization. See you there!

11. CO2IR

CO2IR Ham Member QRZ Page

I just wanna share a beautiful tour video into WWV:

Enjoy it.

:.Frank:. CO2IR

K0UO, KW0U, N3SIP and 1 other person like this.
  12. W4JFA

W4JFA Ham Member QRZ Page

First time I heard WWV was many years ago on my Dad's Hallicrafters SX-28. The best radio station ever.

13. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you manage to find enough operators for this event?
    I know of two gentlemen that signed up from the Wisconsin area, and they are excited about it.

14. K3LU

K3LU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There should be consideration given to do an East Coast celebration special event station out of Greenbelt, Maryland since WWV was there as before Colorado. Anyway, just a thought! Congrats WWV!

AJ4LN, AF9US and W0AQ like this.
  15. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, it's about time.