ad: Radclub22-1

WW5AA, Gunter R Lindermeier "Lindy"

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by AC5RM, Oct 10, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AC5RM

AC5RM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sadly, Lindy passed away yesterday. Lindy enjoyed both the Razorback net on 75 meters and working cw. While there were many who knew him better than I, I will never forget his helpfulness and kindness to me, a new ham. He was a true gentleman who will be missed in the local ham community, as well as by those that knew him all over the world.

2. WA6AM

WA6AM Ham Member QRZ Page

LINDY WAS A GOOD FRIEND FOR MANY YEARS. WE USED TO FLY TO CATALINA ISLAND FOR BUFFALO BURGERS BEFORE HE HAD TO GO TO WORK AT LAPD BACK IN THE EIGHTIES.
    HE WAS THE ONE WHO ELMERED ME INTO HAM RADIO.
    THEN ANOTHER HAM,N6KYD GAVE ME THE TEST FOR NOVICE.WE ALL HAD A GOOD TIME BACK THEN.LINDY WILL BE MISSED.73 LINDY AND REST IN PEACE OM.
    THANK YOU DE WA6AM

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

Gunter R. Lindermeier, WW5AA SK October 6, 2015

Gunter R. "Lindy" Lindermeier

Published: October 21, 2015

Gunter R. "Lindy" Lindermeier of Petit Jean Mountain passed away on October 6, 2015, his 71st birthday, after a long struggle with cancer.
    He was born in 1944 to Otto and Irna Lindermeier in Furth, Germany.

He was an avid ham radio operator and often referred to himself as "the Petit Jean Ham."
    He leaves his wife, Lynne, his mother-in-law, Barbara, of the home, and his children Dan and Paula of California.

Lindy's wish was to "give back" therefore, his body was donated to the Genesis Donor Program.

In his memory, his family suggests some random act of kindness to honor Lindy.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/obituaries/2015/oct/21/gunter-lindermeier-2015-10-21/