ad: UR5CDX-1

WSPR with Raspberry Pi

Discussion in 'RFinderPi - Open Source radio interface based on R' started by K8MCN, Oct 2, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
  1. WL7CG

WL7CG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not there yet. Updated the software on the pi and got the WsprryPi program loaded. Started building a shortened dipole (15') to fit inside my office. Hopefully a smoke test by the end of the week.

2. WL7CG

Have the antenna up and WsprryPi is running. Not seeing any spots. May need to relocate the antenna to a better location. Will be trying it periodically for a while. Don't have anything in hand to measure the output or if there is any output.

3. KE8DAF

KE8DAF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I tried a "zip cord" antenna out in the garage initially with the WSPR Pi, but had no spots either. I had to connect it to my CP-5HS vertical to get good results. I get spots as far as the Caribbean or the West Coast from NE Lower MI.
    Are you using the TAPR 20m board? There are a lot of nasty spurs without filtering... (given that the port connection is a square wave) (EDIT: I see in another thread that you do have the TAPR board)

73 Greg KE8DAF

4. WL7CG

Right now I have the unit in my office on a physically shortened dipole. I think I will try it at the home QTH this weekend on the yagi and see if it gets out. I tried the home station on WSPR at 5 watts and the signal was picked up everywhere, almost :) I need to put a small scale wattmeter on my wish list.

5. K4EAE

K4EAE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My startup is :
    sudo ./wspr -r -o -s k4eae EM90cf 10 20m O

6. W5WTH

W5WTH Ham Member QRZ Page