WSPR on a MAC

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by W6GQ, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W6GQ

W6GQ Swap Meet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

2. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Apparently, PA9QV has ...

3. KJ6EZQ

KJ6EZQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I haven't heard of any good programs that use WSPR on the Mac. I use cocoaModem, the best program for digital modes on a Mac I've ever seen. FLdigi is available on Mac, but I don't think it does WSPR, but it has more modes than cocoaModem. MultiScan does SSTV... MultiModeCocoa is also available (garbage).

4. W6GQ

W6GQ Swap Meet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Yeah that is why I asked, I am not having the same luck and I was hoping for some pointers

5. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

WSPR on MAC

Email me off-line at my email address on QRZ. I'll help you out.

Both WSPR and WSJT can be compiled and run on OS X, if you are comfortable working from the command line. I had help getting it setup on my Mac, and will share my experience if you want.

Dave
    K3DCW

6. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm having problems getting WSPR to run on windows, it doesn't appear to be a native windows program.

fp

7. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Did you perhaps download the linux version instead of the windows version?

Here is the direct link to the Windows version.

http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSPR2_r1714.EXE

Dave
    K3DCW

8. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member QRZ Page

No, I downloaded the windows version! I did use the link you gave and downloaded it to a different (XP) computer but with the identical results, the program can't find the sound card.

fp

9. K3DCW

Send me an email offline and I'll help you through it....I'm sure I know what the problem is but, there's no need to tie up the forum. My email is my callsign at arrl dot net.

Dave
    K3DCW

10. N7RP

N7RP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.