ad: Radclub22-1

WSJT-Z with built-in QRZ.COM integration

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by SQ9FVE, Sep 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. DL8XAW

DL8XAW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi folks !
    Read abt WSJT-Z yesterday and installed it immediately.
    Would be nice to write the distance between Caller and receiver to the ADIF-Log-file of WSJT-Z for upload to QRZ.com to be displayed in the comment-field of the Logbook... Till now i edit this file by hand before uploading it to QRZ. Like to see the distance in the first view...

73, Jörg

2. SQ9FVE

SQ9FVE Ham Member QRZ Page

Just wanted to inform everyone that one of our users noticed that JTAlert is gathering personal information of users without their consent. Details such as callsign, applications used (Wsjtz version etc) + ip address are send to their servers while JTAlert is sending a "check for new versions" call ;)
    Details below.

Solution is to block robot.hamapps.com via hosts file or firewall. Ther e is no way to disable that call via JTAlert settings.

http://robot.hamapps.com/php/getUpdatesV4.php?call=SQ9FVE&ver=2.16.17.0&os=Microsoft+Windows+10.0.18363++%3A+1909+%3A+X64%201909
    &app=WSJT-X+-+YAESU+v2.3.0+by+K1JT%2C+G4WJS%2C+and+K9AN+-+(WSJT-Z+MOD+v0.60+by+SQ9FVE)&log=

I tried to notify the developers via their groups.io page and give them a chance to remove this feature, but of course my post didn't get through moderation :D

3. KM4OOD

KM4OOD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for reporting this, I have blocked this.

4. W2SGM

W2SGM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great find. I think this even warrants its own thread. It would be nice to see a statement from the developer on the collection of this telemetry; its behavior might be changed at some point in the future to avoid detection or blocking.

KM4OOD likes this.
  5. PD8L

PD8L XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here same problem...."error connecting to QRZ.COM. username/password incorrect. Yes i am a QRZ subscriber, and i can do a QRZ lookup. But i see another thing...WSJT-Z does log into Hamradio Deluxe...but..without name! the name field stays empty! the rest of the data is correct. I use the latest version 2.5.1 1.10....I hope those 2 problems can be resolved.

6. DL8XAW

DL8XAW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello ! Tnx for this info. But as a "only simple user" - i do not know how to manage this.
    Is there a manual for common people to do this in Windows 10 ?
    Sorry, but i am lost with this problem. Where do i have to insert that string you wrote.
    Please help...

7. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You might want to take a look at Gridtracker... Kinda like JTAlert on steriods...

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ