WSJT-X v2.0.0 by K1JT released - not compatible to earlier versions!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by DH2ID, Dec 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. DH2ID

DH2ID XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WSJT-X 2.0.0 has been released by Joe Taylor K1JT and his contributors on December 10th.
    You can download the new version here: http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html

WARNING: Version 2.0.0 is not compatible to the earlier versions of WSJT-X,
    every station using WSJT-X is therefore asked to change over to version 2.0.0
    as soon as possible.

At this moment it's a hodgepodge, as I see a lot of hams still using 1.9.1 and a few 2.0.0.

This is a splash screen when starting the program:

WSJT-X 2.0.0.jpg

73 and a merry xmas from Karlsruhe/Germany

Alex - DH2ID

N4NYK, HB9GNK, KB4QAA and 2 others like this.
  2. DH2ID

DH2ID XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. DJ7WL

DJ7WL Ham Member QRZ Page

All bands are very quiet to day, i believe all hams, also like me, setup wsjt-x v2.0.0 for correct function.
    Vy 73 Joachim DJ7WL

W8CPS likes this.
  4. KG4IXS

KG4IXS Ham Member QRZ Page

When the ratio of v1.9 to v2.0 users shifts more in favor of 2.0 users, I'll update then. Right now, it's about a average of 20:1 as reported by PSKReporter raw data (on 10 meters, anyways), meaning for every 20 v1.9 users, there's only 1 v2.0 user. I think I'll just stay 'outdated' and work those 20 and pass up that 1 v2.0 contact. Now when the ratio gets even or shifts more towards v2.0, that's a different story.

Besides, you'll always have those people that don't upgrade the software, and those are the people that will start to complain and put down FT8 because -they- can't work/decode anyone, and they'll move on to something else, when in all reality, it's their lack of keeping staying updated that's holding them back ... Oh well.

WA9WSJ, KC0MFW, K7UWR and 1 other person like this.
  5. W0EA

W0EA Ham Member QRZ Page

You're literally part of the problem.

K6JO, W0IIT, WA9WSJ and 29 others like this.
  6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

An interesting parallel to the Evolve or Die cry from some progressive Zed types. Let their tears now be revealed.

KI7BKL, WD0BCT and VK6APZ like this.
  7. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

The problem is a lack of understanding of protocol versioning on the part of the authors.

8. NK7Z

NK7Z Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This will all solve itself when the 1.9x software dies... Hopefully a kill switch was added, (and will be implemented), to the old release version at some point... It is time to upgrade folks...

W0IIT likes this.
  9. KG5CJA

KG5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't see how any user is "part of the problem" due to not upgrading immediately. There's no obligation to upgrade until there's no one left to talk to. I think proprietary tech that locks access to said tech behind a brand name, i.e. System Fusion, is a bigger problem than a number of HAMs not wanting to upgrade software.

NQ6C, MM0HVU, KJ4VTH and 2 others like this.
  10. N4CC

N4CC Ham Member QRZ Page

Skip the philosophy and reasons why or why not...just upgrade as the authors request. Why is something so simple so difficult!

PE1KWE, K7FTQ, PD9Q and 38 others like this.