ad: Schulman-1

WSJT-X V 1.7. with TS-2000 Rig and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by M6EFO, Mar 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. M6EFO

M6EFO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Fellow Ham people.

Please help

I have loaded WSJT-X v1.7 . My rig is Kenwood TS-2000 the PC is Windows 7 and I am using a Signalink USB

It keeps coming up with HAMLIB Error communication timed out while opening rig and the test cat fails. Now it was working with V1.6 although I still got the error but 1.7 wont work with the error so I am forced to fix.

the set up works as I use it with Digipan and MRP40 (morse) etc so the basic connections all work etc., but clearly WXJT-x does not like something.

I would really appreciate some help from someone who has experienced the same issues with the same setup.

The signalink connects to the PC via USB.

Regards
    Mike
    M0AAX

2. K3MES

K3MES Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Mike:

Did you ever figure this out or get help from anyone regarding this issue? I am new to digital modes, and am having difficulty getting my TS-2000 to connect to WSJT-X. I have a Signalink USB as well. Works with fldigi, but not sure what I'm doing wrong. Did you ever get the correct settings and if so, what were they. Thanks in advance for reading this.

David, K3MES

3. ZS1F

ZS1F Ham Member QRZ Page

Try using Hamradio Delux it fixed my Kenwood TS-480HX problem.

Andre ZS1F

4. KM6AGE

KM6AGE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone found any answers, everything works but WJST-X. HRD fixed a lot, but not that. I/o Errors, Hamlib errors, you name it WJst-x keeps throwing on errors. Kenwood ts-2000x with Signal link

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not that v1.7 is your specific problem but enough has changed to where you should at least try to work with 1.8 at a minimum.

6. KG7WGX

KG7WGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I found two scraps of information from the SignaLink site. The first is in their installation instructions for WSJT-X -
    1. Click File, then click Settings.
    2. In the new window that opens, click the General tab and enter your call in the My Call text box.
    3. Click the Radio tab and select "None" in the Rig drop-down menu. Select "Vox" as the PTT Method. Note that your radio's VOX setting should be OFF. This setting simply allows the SignaLink USB to control PTT.
    4. Click the Audio tab and select "USB Audio Codec" for both the Input and Output sound card. If using Windows Vista/7/8.x/10, then you'll need to select "Microphone - USB Audio Codec" for "Input" and "Speakers - USB Audio Codec" for "Output".
    5. Click the OK button to close the Settings window.
    and the second -

The SignaLink doesn't handle CAT / CIV control, so if you want to use the CAT / CIV rig control feature offered by WSJT-X, then you MUST have a separate CAT / CIV interface cable connected between your computer and radio.

I think you're getting errors because the software is set up for rig control and you don't have a cable that supports that. The answer should be to set the rig option to "None", as explained above.

7. KF6E

KF6E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How do I start a new thread about WSJT-X?

8. KG7WGX

KG7WGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Go to the "Working Different Modes" sub-forum and click on this button -

New Thread button.jpg