WSJT-X Full-Auto mod

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by SQ9FVE, Mar 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

... and I bet his sales will take an uptick too.

Sounds like he has all the "T"s crossed and the "I"s dotted.

2. RA4NCC

RA4NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Where can I download rc7?

3. SQ9FVE

SQ9FVE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sent a pm.

4. RA4NCC

RA4NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

5. SQ9FVE

So I wrote a simple UDP server that picks up wsjt-x datagrams and transforms them into JSON.

The idea is for it to be used by either a mobile-enabled web page, or a hybrid mobile app for remote control purposes.
    My issue is that I sometimes get really sad when I'm away from the radio and I think of all the good DX that I could've done... :D

I do occasionally VPN-in to the home network and fire up a VNC viewer on my mobile. But working with WSJT-X over VNC is not great.

With such app, you should then be able to look at the Band Activity real-time, and be able to send reply request to those juicy CQ DX messages. Of course one would need to use the MOD so that WSJT-X would log that QSO and allow for subsequent QSOs.

Now is it just my laziness, or would such app make sense?
    I mean, even with vanilla wsjt-x you could theoretically just monitor your trx from the lounge, and walk up to the shack when you see an interesting station appearing, or trigger a single reply remotely and then log the QSO when back in the shack.

Any ideas/suggestions?

6. SQ9FVE

7. K7FYI

K7FYI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bummer. Android only...

I'd like to see a Windows (or RPi) app that publishes a web page from WSJT-X spots. I'd publish what I'm hearing on our local AREDN mesh network to give others an idea of propagation as heard locally. A localized version of PSKReporter I suppose.

Rick

8. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah...but it's mutually exclusive with JTAlert. The IP address needs to be changed back and forth, if one wants to use both, just like with GridTracker, but for a different reason.

The funny thing is that I found this app on my own this morning. Is this a coincidence or what?;)

9. SQ9FVE

Well that piece is pretty much done. It's currently just a perl script, I've originally done this for my RPi too. I would just need to make it generate a pretty html instead of raw JSON.

Yeah I didn't want to rely on direct UDP communication to mobile anyway, the UDP server would be local to WSJT-X and comms to mobile would be over websocket perhaps, or plain ajax. The server could then forward UDP to JTAlert too. Another useful thing would be to allow forwarding to multiple servers, like JTAlert and GridTracker at the same time.

10. SQ9FVE

Tiny update ready to download. Some fixes + QRZ Lookup context menu option.

73!