WSJT-X Color Tab

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by VE6PFL, Apr 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VE6PFL

VE6PFL Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been an amateur operator for barely 2 months, but I have latched onto digital mode FT8.

After a few weekends of operation and some 160+ contacts I am losing track of who I have worked and who I haven't. Yes, there are a few duplicates.

WSJT-X has a tab under Settings called Color. If I understand this correctly it is supposed to color the decoded messages so you can avoid working a duplicate contact. I only see 3 colors on my screen despite the defaults being checked: green when message is CQ, red for a contact with my call sign, yellow when I send a message. How do I get this to work please? I have clicked load the ADIF file but I don't think it is doing anything.

Some help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Grahame
    VE6PFL

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

download and run WSJT AlertX

NA1S and KG5THG like this.
  3. K5RCD

K5RCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes.
    Go to https://hamapps.com/ and download JT Alert. ( HamApps - JTAlert v2.13.2 ) or latest version.

It's easy to use, interfaces with the WSJTX GUI, and does all you want and much more. And it's FREE.

Have fun.

4. WA4BCS

WA4BCS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Go to Settings-Display and check the box for Show DXCC, grid and worked before status. If you have all of the colors checked then the green ones are worked before.

5. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

If all you want to do is identify the stations that you have worked, you don't need JTAlert. Under settings/colors, select 'My Call in Message' and 'New Call'. That, combined with 'CQ Only' and the properly assigned priority, will screen out the stations in your xxx.adi file with a color other than green.

6. VE6PFL

VE6PFL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you all for your help. It was the Show DXCC, grid and worked before status that did it.

Instant color coding displayed today. Worked like a charm.