Wrong Country listed in downloaded ADIF

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KE3FG, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When I first uploaded my QSOs, I did not supply the Country name, thinking that QRZ already had that knowledge available in the QRZ database. A few days later I decided to do a download. All the Country names in the downloaded ADI file were listed as "<country:20>Netherland Antillies". So I changed the program that generates my ADI files to include the country of the person with whom I had the QSO. I re-uploaded all my QSOs to QRZ again. When I later downloaded an ADI file from QRZ, this time a lot of the foreign QSOs I had, did show the correct country. But all the USA QSOs were still listed as "<country:20>Netherland Antillies". The other day I uploaded a QSO from Colorado, but I decided to use "United States" for the country rather than USA. Today I downloaded an ADI file, and the Colorado QSO was indeed listed as "<country:13>United States", while the QSOs that I had uploaded as USA were still listed as "<country:20>Netherland Antillies". I suspect that if the country that is given in the uploaded ADIF is not in the DXCC listing, it will be downloaded as "<country:20>Netherland Antillies".
    It seems to me that it would be better to derive the country from the callsign than to depend on the information in the uploaded ADIF. Should this not be considered as a bug when the download file contains the wrong country listing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.