Wow!! Just WOW!! Conditions tonight are OUTSTANDING!!

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by W4PG, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W4PG

W4PG Moderator Staff Member

Middle East coming in 30 over S9! Europe and parts of Asia S9 plus plus!! A and K indexes down fairly low with the SFI at 123. I haven't heard 20 meters open like this in some time. Great signals!!

2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber

Nothing heard here on the West Coast. Band is dead except for stateside here.
    Oh wait, I heard a ZL

3. WA6MHZ

I DID hear JY4CI on 14257. Course, he doesn't hear me

4. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member

We are suppose to be getting two CMEs back to back and a particle stream to boot.
    I hope it lasts through the weekend.

5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Subscriber

Conditions are weird tonight. A couple times in mid-QSO the other guy just disappeared -- gone!

I switched to digital and, according to reverse beacon, folks are hearing me but no one is responding to my CQ. Oh well.

6. W4PG

ZL 10 over S9 on 20 meters. A good night!!

7. WA6MHZ

I did work a OH1/VP9 on CW tonight. STill no copy on the 7O though...

8. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Subscriber

Several partial QSOs too on digital -- again the other station just disappears. I would think it's my receiver but other signals are still strong. And then someone starts calling practically on top of me as if they cannot hear me. But the reverse beacons show very good reports for my station from different areas.
    I finally completed two QSOs after 18 minutes. Very strange conditions on 20m tonight.

9. KC2ZPK

KC2ZPK Ham Member

Heard 7O6T calling lastnight around 01:00Z, looking for only west coast :(

10. WA6MHZ

I was there, NO COPY!

11. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator

Ditto,

Condx in California weren't great last night. Heard plenty of stateside stations, few DX. Just the opposite of the night previous, when 20 CW was full of Europeans, mostly Russian and Baltic.

Bill

12. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member

The "gone" bits are the holes in the ionosphere, bit difficult for anyone living on the left side of the US, best place is on the right side for Europe. Getting to Europe from FL is easy, my difficulty is getting into the parts of Siberia where the sun don't shine and they have no ionosphere

13. N2ADV

N2ADV Premium Subscriber

Propogation is only working one way for me - I can hear stations but they can't hear me tonight. Ah well. Gonna play on JT65 for a while - there are still signals visible on 10 meters this late so I'll throw some CQ's out and see what I can snag, if anything.

14. W4PG

Europe coming in on 20 meters S9 plus 20 tonight. Very good conditions!!

15. AE1P

AE1P XML Subscriber

Darn!!! Not here Bob, nasty line of T-storms rolling thru New England... all unhooked
    for the nite..hopefully conditions will continue into tomorrow,as last nite 20m was
    open to EU till almost 2am... :)

16. W4PG

Neil we had some storms tonight also. I had to lower the tower but put it back up a bit ago. Really nice conditions now, but one never knows. I'm lowering the tower now in preparation for flying out in the morning to Dayton. I hate leaving the thing up . . . . just never know.

.............Bob

17. AE1P

AE1P XML Subscriber

Have a safe trip, Bob... I hope someone takes some "QRZ" group photo's!! :)

18. W6RZ

W6RZ Ham Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.