ad: w5yi

wouxun software problem - tool15 An unsupported operation was attempted

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by MOTIN, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. MOTIN

MOTIN QRZ Member

gd days

if you are having this error on wouxun software

An unsupported operation was attempted or tool15 with same error

then you have some problem in :

in the install

here is what you need to do to fix the problem

Pls put the two files into c:\windows\SysWOW64

Press Start/Run and type - regsvr32 c:\windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCT2.OCX

Press Start/Run and type - regsvr32 c:\windows\SysWOW64\Msflxgrd.ocx

After you should be ok with the error you had before

Thanks to the support of wouxun who helped me solve this issue

link for the files for you

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...12&authkey=!AAv6GGa7ID2IYm4&ithint=folder,rar

gd luck pls update if helped you solve the problem
    motin

2. ZL1VSF

ZL1VSF Ham Member QRZ Page

While trying to install software to communicate with my Wouxun KG-UV8D, I had this and may more kinds of error messages. I tried many different drivers and actual programs before eventually getting one version from powerwerx.com to work. It was probably the most problematic software I have ever tried, on this PC, to get working... However, persistence did pay off...

The two drivers you mentioned above - MSCOMCT2.OCX & Msflxgrd.ocx, are very common Microsoft drivers and many times they are already in the "System" folders. They both were in mine way before I even got my KG-UV8D. I just checked some older system backup images dating back a couple years and they are in them. It could be that a later version is required though and the software may not update them correctly... As I said,, this was very a problematic installation...

Then again, many of these radio comms programs have had similar problems...

3. K6LCS

K6LCS Subscriber QRZ Page

>> ...Then again, many of these radio comms programs have had similar problems...

That is what makes the programs from RT Systems so much more pleasant to use. Truly "plug and program." Have a problem? You can chat online or actually call them during the week. No messing with cables of unknown origin ...

4. WA7ARZ

WA7ARZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,
    I tried to download the 2 files but how do you save them to the SysWOW64 ? It only lets me save them to the desktop.
    I have wasted over 6 hours on this garbage from Powerwerx / Wouxun. I could have manually entered everything by now.
    Mike KA9WAT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.