World Friendship Award ??

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N4UP, Jul 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

World Radio Friendship Award
    1. This award was created to celebrate QRZ's 25th continuous year of business and is awarded to any QRZ user who has 25 or more confirmed QSOs in his or her logbook.
    2. Both the transmitting and receiving party must maintain a QRZ Logbook.

Ah, how does this work? I have over 5,000 confirmed QSOs in my logbook but apparently I don't qualify for this award.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Did you hit the little button marked "analyze"? That's what triggers the search for qualifying contacts.

Dave
    W7UUU

analyze.JPG

N4UP likes this.
  3. N4UP

Thank you for the response and advice. My five previous "awards" did not require analysis or application that I can recall. Maybe I just don't remember doing anything for the first five. When I looked earlier today, only the first five ( awarded ) had an analyze button, and the World Friendship Award was not there. But I was able to scroll down to the bottom of the page and clicked on the World Friendship Award. I was able then to analyze and apply. And it has now apparently been awarded.

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to the Club! Knew you were the friendly sort. :)

N4UP likes this.
  5. N4UP

Thank you. Likewise. Now if only being friendly would help me to think competently the way I used to. Now I look at something like this and have trouble figuring it out, while perhaps to others it was obvious at a glance. This seems to happen more and more as I get older. Of course I think of myself as middle-aged but I am probably only fooling myself.

In any event, I sure like the idea that our hobby is also a forum for world friendship and goodwill.

W7UUU likes this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Me too :)

So did your "analyze" link click work?

Dave
    W7UUU

7. N4UP

Yes, thank you. And the award was processed almost immediately.

W7UUU likes this.