Working echolink with two licenses?

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by AB2T, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. AB2T

AB2T Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd like to try echolink. Problem is, I hold both an American and a Canadian license. Is there any way to register two callsigns with echolink? Can echolink validate the two licenses at the same time? How do I switch between two different calls? I'd like to access American repeaters under my American call, but I suspect that I'll have to use my Canadian callsign while I'm operating from a Canadian IP address.

My Canadian license is limited to 250W dc input, but that's one helluva repeater that runs more than that! Do I have to inform Echolink when I upgrade to the Canadian Advanced? I doubt I'll use the system frequently, but having two licenses complicates matters a bit.

73, Jordan

2. KE7VLC

KE7VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

I would send this request over to the creater of Echolink. I think you can because I have a laptop that I allow a friend to use and he has his call sign seperate from my callsign in Echolink. but you have to manually switch between the two callsigns.

3. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

There sure is. Ask them.

4. K1RFD

K1RFD Ham Member QRZ Page

One Callsign Per User

The EchoLink policy is to allow only one callsign per user. This is to simplify management of the database. It makes no difference where you are logging in from. So, register your US callsign or your Canadian callsign, but not both.

Your class of license also makes no difference, since you are not acting as control op of the distant station.

5. M6FLH

M6FLH Ham Member QRZ Page

Two call signs

I registered and validated three callsigns with echolink. You have to register and validate your callsigns first, then add your main callsign ( you have to select one as your "Main") which you add first I then added my childrens callsigns in File-Profiles-new, if you tick the create desktop shortcut on the first screen then when you click on this icon on the desktop it takes you straight into the program in the profile of your choice. Incidently we all passed our Foundation License on the same day and have not got any kit yet, hence the use of Echolink and using three callsigns, ( the children are 14 and 12(proud Dad!!) All the best M6FLH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.