WN9VMR Scammer

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K1NRO, Jul 19, 2016.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. K1NRO

K1NRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone know about this WN9VMR? There seems to be a lot of buzzing going around that last year WN9VMR took collections of ham radio gear on Facebook for a Jaco Delport ZS6KJ in South Africa and has not made good on his word to ship the gear.
    upload_2016-7-19_17-0-23.png

KD9KCM likes this.
  2. K1NRO

3. K1NRO

upload_2016-7-19_18-6-51.png
    upload_2016-7-19_18-10-28.png
    upload_2016-7-19_18-12-27.png
    upload_2016-7-19_18-13-17.png
    upload_2016-7-19_18-14-15.png

K6NG likes this.
  4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't believe anyone involved in this scam was dealing with the REAL WN9VMR.

That bit about illness in the family is a very well known BS line that the scammers use.

Ian, I highly recommend that you place an email address on your QRZ page. With no email address (the scammers LOOK for guys without one listed) you open yourself up to the scammers using YOUR callsign to scam people. They take out a gmail account using your call and use that to contact prospective 'scamees'. The victim then has NO WAY to verify that he is dealing with the REAL Ian Venne.

Also, keep in mind that it is possible (I'm not saying he is or isn't, just that it's possible) that young Jaco is part of the scam as well. I only know what you've posted, so can't say one way or the other, but these scammers are VERY clever.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    K6NG likes this.
  5. KC9ZUB

KC9ZUB Ham Member QRZ Page

I had 1st dealings with wn9vmr. And everything ur reading or hearing is the truth.. He had a bunch of my gear that we went in on a deal for never would complete the deal or ship. I had to have somebody in chicago go get it.... He has also screwed a few 11 meter opps as well.. There a big buzz on some radio facebook pages... Wn9vmr still oues me some gear as well... If anybody wants to talk to me about this subject you can call me after 10pm central 618 923 4259... Or come to my home and talk to me. I wil be more than happy to explain more..
    Right now i am trying to get stuff out of my own pocket for this kid in africa and do whats right.. Sad real sad

73s from kc9zub

KC5SZO, K6NG, KD9KCM and 2 others like this.
  6. N9SCW

N9SCW QRZ Member QRZ Page

I can vouch that the above mentioned was and is Kevin LoBianco. I not only donated equipment but also donated money to help with shipping. I was the one who saw the Facebook post from Jaco inquiry about the equipment. I know for a fact and have screenshots of where Kevin admits to taking a donated Yaesu FT-757 and selling it to a person back on 12/24/15. I have quite a bit of info on this topic.

K6NG, KC5SZO, KD9KCM and 2 others like this.
  7. K6NG

K6NG Ham Member QRZ Page

First of all, this is the REAL WN9VMR, Kevin J LoBianco. He stood in my driveway, look me in the eye, shook my hand and said he was going to talk to some of his friends and see if they can help Jaco.
    This whole mess started when Kevin came to my house to make an antenna swap on which we agreed upon. After we completed offloading the antenna we got to talk about where I am from(which is South Africa), I told him that I just returned from a business trip over there where I took some VHF radios and stuff to my nephew, Jaco Delport ZS6KJ( Not a scammer) We talked a little bit about the unfortunate circumstances that his family is experiencing and Kevin suggested at that point that he want to help this new young ham to get onto HF. I still remembered how good it made me feel that the ham spirit was alive and well... Fast forward almost a year later of excuses and finally I told Jaco to stop private message him and put it on his Facebook page where the people who donated the equipment can see that is has not been sent to Jaco. I and so many other donated money to help with shipping. There are lots of proof that this is the right guy and I am sad to say that he and he alone has shattered the hope and dreams of this young kid. He kept on promising and sending pics of the equipment and keep getting Jaco's hopes up, what an image and a representation of a ham radio operator. I have messages where I told him to just say that he is not sending the stuff and stop, but in the end it came to this. He had his change and I am sorry to say that he is a scammer and a lair.
    Thanks to all the guys that opened their heart, wallets and made spare equipment available to help a young ham, Jaco ZS6KJ. I will not forget your generosity. 73

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    KC5SZO and KD9KCM like this.
  8. KC5SZO

KC5SZO Ham Member QRZ Page

The person who is accused of the scamming is the real Kevin J LoBianco WN9VMR, Many people are reporting that Kevin has not sent items owed to people and has resold donated equipment that was to go to Jaco Delport, a licensed ham in Africa.
    Also, Personal friends of Kevin went to Kevin's house and retrieved some items that he was refusing to send to the rightful owners. Not all of the gear was able to be collected and are still in Kevin J LoBianco's possession. Given the facts posted above, This man is not to be trusted IMO.
    I am an Admin of a facebook group that lists scammers in the CB and Ham radio community, Some of the screen shots above are taken from that group. All are free to join the group and read about the going on's regarding Kevin LoBianco's fall from grace as a trusted seller. www.facebook.com/groups/blacklistedsellersgroup

K6NG and KD9KCM like this.
  9. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, so that begs the question...

Has anyone gotten LEO involved?

10. KC9ZUB

KC9ZUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Well i will say this i can donate to the kid a nice desk mic and some mis stuff... I am living pay check to pay check.3 kids and a wife.. I been in this hobby long time and have paid it forward and had guys take care of me.if there is any hams out here who want to help us get the kid on the air please call me and we can set something up.. It is sad that in todays time we have people screwing folks over.. We are all judged by a higher souce on a later date... This right here leaves a black eye to some poor kid living someplace with little to no resources. i have very little faith in humanity as it is and this whole situation shows why i keep to myself