ad: AxlesAnt-1

Wireless Network Operator suggests to revoke Amateur Radio 9cm and 13cm bands in Brazil.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by PY2RN, Nov 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
  1. PY2RN

PY2RN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Protect_ham.JPG

Wireless Network Operator suggests to revoke Amateur Radio use on 9cm and 13cm bands in Brazil.

Claiming interest to deploy LTE/5G technology on 2.3-2.4GHz (13cm band) and 3.4-3.5GHz (9cm band) Brazilian subsidiary of Telecom Italia - TIM Celular S.A. has suggested to the Brazilian National Telecommunication Agency - ANATEL to revoke Amateur Radio permission to operate on these bands and allocate them exclusively to commercial use in Brazil, if this passes and get ap proved through the current regulatory agency public consultation, HAMs operating Moon bounce, Satellites and other terrestrial communications and experiments will no longer be allowed to use these bands.

tim_b.jpg tim_a.jpg

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Are they going to move the frequency of microwave ovens ? :rolleyes:

N8ING, KC1HBN, AD5NM and 4 others like this.
  3. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In the US, there's already a cell phone band at 2.3 GHz. The frequencies are 2305 to 2320 MHz (handset uplink) and 2345 to 2360 MHz (tower downlink). It's also known as LTE band 30 and is available on most cell phones (for Apple, starting with the iPhone 6s). The 2305 to 2310 MHz segment overlaps with the Amateur Radio allocation at 2300 to 2310 MHz.

Fortunately (at least for now), it's lightly used.

KA2FIR, KI7SIJ and PY2RN like this.
  4. NU4R

NU4R Ham Member QRZ Page

THEY BETTER NOT! THAN I WON'T HAVE ANYONE TO TALK TO!!!

KX4BW, KA2FIR, G4PWO and 9 others like this.
  5. K5CQA

K5CQA Ham Member QRZ Page

Our privileges are worth fighting for; and if we don't work together as a world community, erosion of frequencies will continue. One of the last things I would hope to hear from any amateur radio operator is: "Well, it doesn't concern me." Rest assured, I will do everything I possibly can to fight against the bribery system known as commercial use.

KC2TYV, KX4BW, N8ING and 3 others like this.
  6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad formula that works.

upload_2018-11-17_10-11-26.jpeg

N4KNZ, KG5CJA, KF4ZKU and 1 other person like this.
  7. N6ITE

N6ITE Ham Member QRZ Page

Sadly, that seems to be a popular modus operandi

KF4ZKU and PY2RN like this.
  8. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

THIS is the type of affairs the ARRL should be addressing, not some silly antenna restriction that people willingly agree to.

KX4BW, KA2FIR, KE8BHP and 4 others like this.
  9. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

So true! Or buy a house 'next door' to the international airport, and complain about the noise. True story.

The house was built a few years ago. The airport, in its current form, in 1960. The airport must relocate, they say.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    KC2TYV, PD0JBV and VK6APZ like this.
  10. PA0MHS

PA0MHS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As much as I oppose against loosing ham bands, shouldn't we be a bit more realistic? On HF, our bands occupy 450kHz max. On VHF mostly 2MHz and on UHF 10MHz max. So why would we need 100MHz on SHF bands? Try scanning such a range with your VFO knob, searching for activity...

W7ASA and G4PWO like this.