Wireless Connection Issue

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by W1FBV, Feb 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. W1FBV

W1FBV Ham Member QRZ Page

My computer has suddenly lost its connection to my wireless router (Verizon FIOS). All other computers in the house wirelessly connect to it without any problem, including a second computer at the same location. I have restarted the router and the computer to no avail. I have run the computer connection diagnostics. My neighbors' networks show up as available, but the FIOS router does not. Any ideas?

Thanks, Jim W1FBV

2. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Usually you have a utility from the wireless chipset manufacturer that is installed with the driver. That would be the start to see if you are getting an error message. Your post didn't say if you did any kind of troubleshooting? If so what you did? Not connecting could be any of a number of problems.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would plug that computer into the Ethernet port of the router and se if it connects. Then go from there.
    https://www.verizon.com/support/res...ting/connection+issues/questionsone/86288.htm

4. W1FBV

After 24 hours with no connection, it suddenly started work this evening. Magic?

Thanks, Jim W1FBV

N6QIC likes this.
  5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

It probably just needed a new lease.

Have Fun.

6. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Not magic. I just waved my hand and shouted SHAZAM!!

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

7. KB3VWG

KB3VWG Ham Member QRZ Page

How far away is this device from your wireless router?

8. W1FBV

Fifteen feet. Other devices around the house have no connectivity issues at much greater distances from the router.

Jim, W1FBV

9. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Nah, it needed a vacation.

How old's the computer? OS?

10. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Zombie thread, new user trying to get people to click link... goodbye new user!