WinLids on Parade - AE6XO

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N5PVL, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N5PVL

N5PVL Ham Member QRZ Page

2. N5PVL

N5PVL Ham Member QRZ Page

AB0WR says:
    It is a consistent answer though, as all hinternetters, WinLids and ARRL apologists I have heard tend to come up with this same suggestion, sooner or later, in one form or another.

That appears to be the goal.

I believe that if it ever became apparent to the hinternetter/WinLid crowd that this was never going to happen, - that they would bever be rewarded with free private spectrum for thier misbehavior - then we would see a lot more effect by simple peer-pressure than we do today. They would begin to straighten up thier act as hams.

They do not respond to thier 'fellow hams' because these people do not want any part of the amateur radio community - they just want some of that free spectrum and believe that continued misbehavior is thier best shot at achieving that goal.

You ask them about the hams whose QSO's they crash and it's "I don't know, and I don't care!"

That's why.

3. AC0UU

AC0UU Ham Member QRZ Page

Just thought I would take another good look at the scs website to see what they have changed there.

I found some very interesting things there. For one - they have a fax service now available.

They are also ADVERTISING business use of ham radio there. This has GOT to be illegal - isn't it? Selling the service alone should be illegal.

Here is the quote from the page:

"another PACTOR G3 Modem, connected to a shortwave radio, receives the fax and transmits the data to another fax machine, which prints the message as usual. The function is especially useful for business communication between distant locations."

Sounds to me like some of that pactor III stuff definitely isn't legal. What's going on with this anyway? We have winlink claiming they are doing nothing wrong on one hand - and yet they tell the users to turn off busy channel detection and then SCS tells the users to go ahead and use it for business communications.

Someone needs to look further into this sham so that we can maybe use this to get the FCC to do something about this.

Just a thought.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.