ad: Schulman-1

Windows ME

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KR4MER, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

With all due respect, a LOT of computer professionals have "issues" and strong negative opinions about Windoze ME. And YES, we CAN read, and know how the system was SUPPOSED to work. And many people had problems from the start, not just "adding new hardware ten years later."
    If you had good luck, BRAVO for you. You appear to be in the vast minority.
    But your "Don't read the instructions" slam was uncalled for, innacurate, and inappropriate.

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

When Microsoft itself refers to ME as a "mistake" it's probably true.

eric

3. KB3NDN

KB3NDN Ham Member QRZ Page

microsoft has a new combinational operating system coming out. with features from Windows Ce, Windows NT, and Windows ME, Windows CEMENT is due sometime next year. [​IMG] i saw that somewhere.

4. WA3KYY

WA3KYY Ham Member QRZ Page

Replace it ASAP. It is the worst version of Windows ever if you do anything but run what was installed on the computer when you bought it. Even then, it often has issues.

On two systems that came with ME I had issues with just about every new program or hardware item I wanted to use. As soon as XP Home was available I upgraded and those systems have worked fine ever since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.