Windows 7 and XP are vulnerable to a major security exploit

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WQ6N, May 16, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

All incoming? How do you read the forum? :D

2. W6TAB

W6TAB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

All unsolicited incoming traffic.

3. G4COE

G4COE Ham Member QRZ Page

I dunno, maybe someone will correct me. I think Win 10 is 'claimed' to be successful because its shipped on new computers these day's, would I be right?

Remember all the broken updates.... this could happen anytime, I could understand if computers used all the same software, the same drivers and the same mobo's etc the variation is huge I feel opens the door for more problems.

Seems to me MS wants everyone to dance to their tunes, if MS can update via the back door, I guess anyone could gain access too - and they say Win 10 is secure? MS these days is getting like the Gestapo and little men and notepads.

Dave

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

On this side the world the Gov has control of MS.

Most Security Updates are Homeland Security updates.

Win10 is great for tracking and snooping on bad bad people.

There is no place to hide on the internet now a days.

No need to hide for most people.

5. G4COE

G4COE Ham Member QRZ Page

Heaven help us if OUR government had anything to do with it.... they haven't the brains to run a bath tap !!!!!

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Aren't they all?:rolleyes:

7. KA9JLM

The only problem that I have with Windows, Is the new versions kill older hardware.

Old computers would work just fine without all of the unneeded bloatware.

MS has done me no favors with their "Security Updates"

Updates are the first thing that I disable.

I have not got a Virus yet, Unless I seen a really good one for testing. I will get them and dissect them to see how they work.

All of the antivirus software is a joke for making money. Many people like a good joke.

8. N3AT

N3AT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have rarely seen such a large collection of bad advice. If you don't connect your computer to the Internet, have at whatever version of Windows you want.

If you insist on connecting it to the Internet, do the rest of the world a favor, and be a responsible citizen. If you don't install patches, and antivirus, your machine will be compromised, and the rest of us will have to deal with your machine being used to attack us, and send us spam.

If you can't get your machine to run with patches, please hire, or beg someone to help you. It's just the mature and considerate thing to do. Unpatched machines, that don't run antivirus, are like the QRM generators of the Internet.

9. WB5UAA

WB5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Windows 7 was and *is* the last Microsoft product I will ever buy. Hello Fedora! Hello OfficeLibre! (ya, I know... some of you are enslaved by Microsoft. My condolences to you.)

KK4NSF likes this.
  10. KA9JLM

That explains where all of the spam comes from. :rolleyes: