ad: HamHats-1

Win an FT-991 in the 2016 Dayton Game!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Apr 19, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W4LKO

W4LKO Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you going to the 2016 Dayton Hamvention? If so and you would like to win a FT-991, here's your chance! We will also have people at the Hamvention handing out prizes randomly to people who are wearing the t-shirts. Random prizes include (but are not limited to):
    • 8GB flash drives
    • hats
    • mouse pads
    • water bottles
    • even a HT radio!

Get detailed information and your t-shirt by clicking the image below!

[​IMG]

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Hmm, OK, I bought a tee shirt and will try it, what the heck, $5 for a t-shirt including the shipping. :)

73 K2HAT

3. W4PA

W4PA Ham Member QRZ Page

What's printed on the back of the shirt?

4. W4LKO

The design on the back of the shirt is still a work in progress, so its a surprise! What I can say for certain is it will be our Dayton promotion along with some verbiage Yaesu wants placed on it as well!

5. K8AG

K8AG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Isn't this technically gambling because one has to purchase the t-short to be eligible?
    So then just send me the FT-991 and I won't make a stink. ;-)

Dayton is so cool.

K2NCC likes this.
  6. W4LKO

K8AG,

you can make your own shirt, so technically -- no purchase is required! However, $5 for a t-shirt shipped is still a deal!

7. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Have fun with this! :)

8. KF8MZ

KF8MZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I needed a new tshirt anyways.

9. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

"Do I have to be wearing the Dayton Game shirt in the picture? Yes."

"NO PURCHASE is necessary to enter or win."

Well, which one is it? One is legal here, the other I'd gamble is not.

10. K2HAT

Read the fine print? Hmm, because you missed this. ;)

NO PURCHASE is necessary to enter or win. Purchases will not increase your odds of winning. To enter the drawing without purchasing a shirt, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to GigaParts Dayton Game, PO Box 11367, Huntsville, AL 35814. We will mail you instructions for turning your own t-shirt into a qualifying Dayton Game 2016 t-shirt with which you may participate in the Game. Please allow 5 business days from the date we receive your request for us to mail you the instructions.

I am lazy and at $5 including delivery I ordered more than one, because 3xl mens t-shirts cost more than that, LOL. I can wear 2xl, but I like a loose fitting shirt.

11. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

too bad it would cost me FAR MORE than a FT991 costs to enter!! It costs about $800 in gasoline to get there, plus all the other travel expenses, and I have done it many times. But as I get into the SUNSET of my life, I just can't afford to do it anymore!!

12. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

I DID miss that, thank you sincerely for the correction.

I won't likely ever go to Dayton. Long list of other comm/radio events (example) I'd rather attend. Don't have the time or money to do them all. :)

And you couldn't give me the FT991. (well, you COULD, but I'd just sell it on eBay.)

13. K8AG

K8AG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I literally never went to Dayton until about 5 years ago. Been a ham since 75 I think. It is a long drive in one day here to there and back again. But the XYL has upgraded to General this year so I hope we will be going again. I never take things seriously there. It is just a lot of fun. IMHO

JP

K2HAT and K2NCC like this.
  14. K2HAT

$800 in gasoline? What does your car get 5mpg? It is less than 2,200 miles each way from Zip Code 92021 to the Hara Arena. ;)
    4,400 miles round trip, on the road your Town Car should get 20+mpg, that would be 220 gallons of gas, once you leave Calif gas is less than $2.5o a gallon. :)

The average Regular gas price in Yuma, AZ is $2.16, which is $0.11 higher than U.S. national average Regular gas price $2.05.
    The lowest Regular gas price is $1.94 of Pacific Pride located at 2400 S 4th Ave, Yuma, AZ 85364.

K2NCC likes this.
  15. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

last trip cost me $770 in gas, I kept very accurate records. Town Car gets up to 25MPG depending on the winds and hills. But then gas was around $4 a gallon that year.