ad: rfparts

Wich is the best 160m antenna ?

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by CU3AK, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. NY3V

NY3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Google translation >>>

"Dutch to English translation
    ha Cor

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

How nice that I come across you here hihi.leuk story! always nice that you involve your kitchen with your hobby

Greetings

Arno "

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This certainly depends on your intentions. I use a simple low dipole for most coverage inside Alaska, but I wouldn't call this any kind of a DX antenna. An inverted L seems like a reasonably good antenna for both DX and local, but you do need to put a good ground system in.

Eric

3. KD7HB

KD7HB Ham Member QRZ Page

The antenna you have up and working is the BEST antenna.

My 160 meter antenna is a full wave horizontal loop up 35 feet. Fed with 600 ohm feed line all the way to a Dentron tuner in the shack. I have talked to quite a few hams in the Northwest that are using horizontal loops on 160.

I have not worked any DX on 160, but have heard East coast and Central US stations coming in quite well.

The antenna is also all-band. I have used it all the way up to 12 meters, working South America, Central America and Japan last Sunday. Even made a 6 meter local contact a couple of years ago using the loop.

Trying new antennas is part of the fun of ham radio.

Paul, KD7HB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.