ad: k1jek

Why won't the #######s listen ??????????????????

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by WD0BC, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-Waters
  1. WD0BC

WD0BC Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't usually get excited over any particular station but heard what for me is a special one and now I AM HOT.....REALLY HOT. :mad:

Today I heard a call I have NEVER heard before, THE VIATICAN. :p

The VATICAN calling! HV2TS IN ON 14.022.90 WORKING UP TWO :cool:.....THATS UP 2 !

About 10 to 20 LIDS calling SMACK ON FREQUENCY!......:mad:

Has been 30 minutes plus and they are still calling over the station.:confused:

WHAT IS WITH THESE IDIOTS :confused:???????????

DOES ANYONE LISTEN ANY MORE????????????????????????

I believe that "progressive licensing" has taken what USED TO BE a great hobby and turned it into a JOKE!

WHY OH WHY:confused: ?????????????????????????????????

Just get on the spot ....and START CALLING......:mad:

DAMMIT will this CHIT ever stop??????
  2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Happens a lot. Some purposely, some accidentally (oops, wrong VFO).

I work stuff right through this all the time by tightening down my IF filter to 80 Hz (yep, 80 Hz), using PBT and whatever tools the receiver has to really zero in on precisely one signal.

"Don't let the man get you down.":eek:
  3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Mostly it's because the RBs don't have remote VFOs, so they think they can call them simplex and get through. REAL DXers have Remote VFOs, or atleast a reasonable RIT. The rotten thing about it is the DX stations actually ANSWER the RBs on their frequency, encouraging other RBs to call on the DX's freq. When a DX station says UP 2, he should not make that 2 HZ, it is 2 KHZ!!!!
  4. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

7/10. Needs more anti-contest rant.
  5. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

I usually look up peoples calls when they don’t know how to operate their radios, or copy CW. it's usually people my grandpa's age who on their qrz page say they have been licensed since the 1870's or what not. I think in old age people forget what the split button is. I apologize for my future self in 60 years.
  6. WB2WIK

I intend to live forever, so 60 years from now I'll come make fun of you, but I'll bring a box of Depends.:eek:
  7. KF6ABU

I will bring the geritol and prunes for us to snack on while we call rare dx on their calling frequency!
  8. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Progressive Licensing? Do you mean different license/privileges classes or incentive licensing? Both have been around for +50 years.

In any case, I don't recall either the FCC or VC exams covering DX procedures....

Gotta find something else to blame.
  9. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe we need a "DX Hall of Shame" web page to list all the LIDs who call on the DX's frequency (when he's working split), continuously send their call and never listen, tail-end inappropriately, etc. I wouldn't list the people who accidentally call on the DX frequency once or twice because they forgot to switch their rig to split, but some of the hardcore cases should be listed on such a page.
  10. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The call sign HV2TS doesn't exist on QRZ (not the end all be all I know) nor has it ever been spotted on any DX Cluster..............The last time there was ANY operation from the Vatican on 20 meters CW was back in July by HV5PUL.

There was activity within the last few days by both HV5ØVR & HVØA but HV5ØVR is mostly on RTTY & HVØA has not been on 20 meters CW for many, many months.

Clarification needed? :)

Tom KCØW
  11. KF6ABU

Somebody complaining that new operators don't listen, but he didnt listen maybe?

12. W9OE

W9OE Ham Member QRZ Page

Here we go again!!!
  13. KF6ABU

Where are we going? Should I bring snacks? :p
  14. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

sounds like it might be tough to get a card!
  15. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

"14.022.90" Shouldn't those Extras know better?
  16. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

Up 2 kHz plus a "smidgeon" would put the transmitted signal in the Advanced and General Class band if the HV operator was trying to work everyone.

Glen, K9STH
  17. W2AAT

W2AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

"Up 2" generally means "up 2 thru 25" for many dX'ers.... And a total disregard those who happen to be on those frequencies....

18. WB2WIK

I have a feeling "HV2TS" is a slim or an incorrectly copied call.

No trace of this station anywhere I can find...(confirming what Tom already wrote)...
  19. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

What's a smidgeon here and there; just sayin' :)
  20. K8PG

K8PG Subscriber QRZ Page

HV0A was last on 15 mtr ssb -July 4th.

To many LIDS-and SPACECADETS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.