Why the Lack of Web Presense/Responsiveness for Ham Radio Clubs?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by N2PPK, Aug 9, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not the club website webmaster... actually we have several webmasters who work on the site. My QRZ page is something entirely different ... something that is a work in progress (and needs a lot of work!)
    Before criticizing the website site, please check it out and let me know where we can improve...

www.N1FD.org

Layne AE1N

N6QIC likes this.
  2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

It just needs a bit of alignment.

Have Fun.

3. N4AAB

N4AAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The club I belong to gave over building our new web site to someone without a ham license, and not a member. He is working on a degree in web design. He now has his license and is a member. Our dues are $20 per year. And we do vote on new members. I've been with them for almost 3 years and they have yet to turn someone down for membership while I have been there. We do a number of public events each year like help with bicycle races and 5k runs, etc. by providing comunications.

N6QIC likes this.
  4. WA7WJR

WA7WJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've noticed several clubs that vote new members in.

Just out of curiosity, what purpose does this serve?

N6QIC likes this.
  5. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just for the record I paid only once for my basic subscription years ago. The premium subscription that I have now was a gift from the staff at QRZ.
    Thank_you_QRZ.jpg

6. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice page, we had a boat once and lived on it for a year at a slip in Newport Beach Ca.

7. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I've always questioned that myself.

I wonder exactly what criteria they use to 'judge' a potential new member's qualifications to belong? 'Wrong' nationality, sex, religion, length of hair, intelligence, FICO score, looks, education, car, etc... Maybe they even run a background check?

N6QIC likes this.
  8. N4AAB

We have different people, they don't all have the same hair length or color, the rest doesn't seem to matter either. I don't remember anyone being asked what their religion is. No place for it on the application either.

9. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

But why do they need to be voted on?

There must be SOME criteria?

If not, then why vote?

10. N4AAB

No idea. I just know its in the by-laws that we do so. This started years before I moved to this area.

I suppose it is possible we vote an application down. I was supposed to have a sponser to, so someone volunteered to sponser me when I handed in my application.