ad: dxeng

Why Are We The Only Country...

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by KB8GFF, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KB8GFF

KB8GFF Ham Member

That has to ID every 10mins???
    Why hasn't this been changed or petitioned???

2. KG4NEL

KG4NEL Ham Member

I can not think of one time where it was a burden to do so.

Enough people have probably had the same experience to keep the current rule in place :p

3. K5FH

K5FH Ham Member

A better question...why do you find this to be a problem?

Simply because you haven't filed your petition with the FCC yet.

Uhhh...you ARE planning to file a petition with the FCC, aren't you?

When you do, please post it here. We would like to see it.

4. KB8GFF

KB8GFF Ham Member

Who(m) is we? Are there more then one K5FH's?

5. KB8GFF

KB8GFF Ham Member

Well I figured we were following suit in the way of the world when we dropped CW. Why not the Id timing?

6. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member

I hear some on 17 meters who already have!

7. KB8GFF

KB8GFF Ham Member

Never heard that on 17m but 20m or 75m Oh yeah. LMAO;)

8. VK6ZGO

VK6ZGO Ham Member

I don't think you are,unless there has been a change that I've missed,it's still every 10 mins in VK too!

73,VK6ZGO

9. KB8GFF

KB8GFF Ham Member

I thought you all followed suit with the VE's up north of us here?

10. VE7DCW

VE7DCW Ham Member

Of course ..... for us in Canada:

The operator of any amateur station shall transmit the applicable identification callsign in English or in French, at the beginning and at the end of each period of exchange of communication or test transmission, and at intervals of not more than 30 minutes throughout the period of exchange of communication.

end of story ....... we've never had any problems with Industry Canada on this arrangement...... :cool:

11. N5AL

N5AL Ham Member

Mexico still has CW testing (7 and 10 WPM) and a maximum ID interval of 15 minutes.

12. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator

To the original poster:

So the rest of us can figure out what station it is. And so the powers that be can do the same. Simple, what?

Bill

13. KF5OZA

KF5OZA Ham Member

We is most everyone here on the forums, because this is the stupidest argument....how difficult is it to say your call sign at the end of your transmission at the 10 minute mark.

14. N0WYO

N0WYO Ham Member

Apparently, it's pretty difficult. I've listened in on many QSO's and in some cases never heard one ID. Example: Listen to any QSO on 80 meters at night and count how many times you hear anyone ID.

15. K5FH

K5FH Ham Member

And the OP still hasn't answered the question, which is: When is the OP going to file his petition to change the rule?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Apparently the OP finds it quite difficult. But not so difficult that it moves him to file a petition to get the rule changed...maybe because he can't come up with a good reason to change it?

I smell trollbait...

16. G4OTU

G4OTU Ham Member

15 mins in the UK

17. PE1RDW

PE1RDW Ham Member

5 minutes in the Netherlands in ICAO Spelling, morse code, data or image

18. KB8GFF

KB8GFF Ham Member

This is not an argument. Just question's that I have heard many times over and over.

I got to say you "5" boys stick together eh? Do you all hear the ocean when you all tilt your heads at a right angle?

Fred, nothing was said that I was going to file anything. Never assume on a open board a random proposal.
    Also, No troll bait here. Interesting you made mention of that very thing though.
    In deed, you've asked nothing but question(s) to my question's in which I have no answers for. That is why I am here asking on QRZ.Com!!!

Fred, I had a Pysch professor say once that, when a man answers a question, with a question(s) that he has just opened himself up for suggestion. He continued to say that it was a sure sign of being childishly illiterate, bewildered, confused or just plain ignorant. He also noted that it was due to the testosterone level in one's anatomy. In this case I don't concur him. I feel that your just being arrogant living up the the "FH" in your call sign Fred. Maybe I am wrong?

As for a petition I made mention of. Many Many Hams talk about this. And well we got rid of CW that way(bad move). Why not change the 10 min ID time requirement?

If there were a petition. Would you sign for a ID time of like that of our northern brothern VE's in Canada 30 min's requirement?

19. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member

let me get this straight, you are complaining that the 10 minute rule is silly and that someone needs to file a petition... when asked why you aren't that someone you go on the defensive and launch a full scale derp.

you do realize YOU can be the one to file the petition for the things YOU want, right?

20. W8MW

W8MW Ham Member

KB8GFF here’s a possible reason you’re getting so much crap from people offended by your question: A huge percentage of amateurs have no communication skills and avoid rag chewing and all the pressure it brings to actually converse. By pursuing DX and Contests, these operators only need to express three items of information. Call sign, 59 and 73. By advocating fewer ID’s you are reducing their entire communications content by one-third. Had you suggested increasing station ID’s, maybe your results here would be better? Don’t know. And of course I could be wrong.

73 Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.