ad: CARC-1

Why are the sister programs to FLDigi not loading using the Auto Start configuration tab?

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by KK6PKT, Apr 7, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KK6PKT

KK6PKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the suite of FL programs downloaded and set up in a folder in my applications folder.

I point to these programs in the AutoStart tab in FLDigi configuration tab where they are indicated.

I hit test, and nothing happens. I have clicked on these programs and dragged the program to the dialog box to insure the path would be correct versus typing it into the box.

I hit the save button to insure they are saved, and indeed when I return, they are still pointing to the proper areas, but they are not auto Starting as they should. When I press the TEST button, nothing happens, no program launches, and I sense the program is not reading the path correctly, even though it was a click-drag pathway.

Any thoughts? I surmised that this was part of the issue with my previous post about the program not keying the transmitter - FLrig was not loaded.

Thanks for the help!~

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

What OS? Firewall settings?

3. KK6PKT

iOS 10.10
    Not sure about firewall settings. Didn't think about the firewall. Where would I find those settings that n the OS?

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Forget firewall for a moment. Found this site which says: "Mac users should set the flmsg address line as: /Applications/flmsg-<version number>.app/Contents/MacOS/flmsg Note that “/Applications/flmsg-<version number>.app” is not sufficient. The full Package Contents location, including “/Contents/MacOS/flmsg” must be included. This is not a location that is normally seen when clicking the 'Locate flmsg' button. It has to be typed or copy/pasted into the address line."

Try that tip substituting flrig for flmsg.

5. KK6PKT

Oh Thank you! I thought I had done due diligence to websearch this issue and posted here as a last resort, and this was what I needed. I will try this and let you know what happens. It also shows an address to contact for mac installs so I appreciate the help!

6. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'd strongly recommend you join the LINUXHAM mailing list on Groups.IO. It is the official support mailing list for all of the FL programs on Linux AND macOS. Lots of knowledge, lots of great support, and lots of information to be had, plus a direct line to the developers.

7. KK6PKT

Just joined. Thanks for the help!

8. KK6PKT

So, here was the issue after I added the extension Contents/MacOS/flmsg

I had a space in the folder name that held the programs: FLDigi Suite

So, when I placed the extension suggested into the path, it still didn't load. I thought the space might have made a difference, and low and behold, when FLDigi Suite changed to FLDigi, the program loaded.

So, for others finding this issue on a mac: NO SPACES in the paths of your locations.

Thanks to all for the help.

KJ4VTH likes this.