Why ar there only "Latest confirmed contacts" shown ?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by OE7TTT, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. AF5HZ

AF5HZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I understand the shortcomings of the original version concerning serious contesting (e.g. your exchange with KK4CHM). However, there are contesters (with awards granted and credits given) and non-contesters currently using the system. Given my location and budget, I never plan to be a serious contester. So with the "novelty" factor as you put it removed (and I disagree that V1 was just a novelty), V2 becomes a contesting system focused primarily on the needs of serious contesters. BTW I have nothing against contesters - I really applaud the hard effort you guys make to win some of the coveted awards and I always respond to a contester if I think I can get to him and give him a credit.

But I have no need for another logging program where I can view only my QSO's, both unconfirmed and confirmed, and can't view others who want to share theirs for the sake of curiosity and interest, or for some little local "honor system" mini-contest. I have paper logs, spreadsheets, and several other freeware applications I'm deciding on that can do that already without the trouble of logging into a remote ad-supported database where the rules of how it works can be drastically changed. I don't even need an internet connection to see my own QSO's.

So if V2 is really being focused as a contesting system, that's your decision, but I just don't need it and I revert back to my original opening statement:

Then I will no longer enter any contacts into the QRZ Logbook. There will be no point.

The contesters were polled, and rightly so. But are the non-contesters going to be polled on what they want? The answer will probably be V1 from what all I'm reading here. Interesting to see the results.

2. OE7TTT

OE7TTT Ham Member QRZ Page

I also have many friends, and I would like to see theire contacts...this was possible for many years, but now is QRZ.com not longer interestetd for me...sorry !

And maybe only 5% will confirm the QSO !!

3. N0AMT

N0AMT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Contesting logbook and casual use logbook are not mutually exclusive. One can work reasonably well for both. The new logbook is not geared strictly towards contesters by any means, however it has been tweaked to provide something for them as well. V1 had no draw for them at all except novelty. V2 can still log all of your QSOs just fine, (and better in many circumstances) while ALSO providing support for club callsigns (shared logbook) operating awards, multiple callsigns, multiple logbooks/locations, stroked callsigns etc...

If among all of these feature enhancements you would rather boycott V2 due to not being able to see someone else's unconfirmed logs, that is definitely your prerogative. I'm sorry that V2 cannot address every single wanted feature for every single person. We have done the best we can to balance the needs/wants of the casual logger, the clubs, the dxpeditions, the multiple call sign holders, and the contesters, while still adding features and functionality wherever we can, but there will always be some compromise. In this case, that compromise was that you can no longer view somebody else's unconfirmed contacts on their biography page. This does not however affect your logbook, or your ability to log QSOs or see your own entered QSOs.

Looking at the database right this moment: 22% (and growing) of all QSOs in V2 are confirmed, while in V1 that number was 19%. The automated confirmations are resulting in better confirmation rates across the board. Additionally, 22% of them are confirmed, and there are still ~9 million QSOs that have not yet migrated to V2. When they do, the number of total confirmations will certainly increase as matches are made.

4. OE7TTT

Then give us the posibility to chose either to show all QSO or only the confirmed !!!!!!!!
    One point more in the settings, and we can chose !!!!!

Please give us this posibility !!!!!

5. N5INP

N5INP Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I must say, I don't like not being able to show all contacts to my friends and compatriots either. I didn't even realize this was the case until today, when I was wondering why all my contacts were not being shown on my page. I want to show them to everybody so they can see what I've been up to. I don't want them hidden, and that's just how they will remain - hidden.

There are already too many other ways to confirm & log contacts - eQSl, LoTW, paper QSLs, most of my contacts will never be confirmed here because the other guy's (and gals) logs aren't being uploaded here. What good is that to me? There's just too much competition for the logs and awards and it's spread out over several sites. There really needs to be some consolidation of resources out there, not yet another way to log and get awards. If you want to diminish awards then this is the way to do it. You need to consolidate with eQSL or LoTW.

I think you should give people an opt-out. If you don't want to have a QRZ award, then you can opt-out and show all your contacts. I just want to show my contacts to the world. I KNOW I made them, I don't need the other party to double-blind confirm them. How does that make them more real to me? i mean, after I make a contact I don't sit there and think "Man, I hope I can get this confirmed on QRZ.com so I can make sure it just happened"

What the heck, I can go to a certificate website, customize a certificate it to my liking, and make my own ham radio award and show it on my page. It would mean just as much because I KNOW I've made the contacts.

Come on, this is just ham radio - a hobby, not some life or death issue where there is a black market in ham radio contact information.

6. WD8FM

WD8FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Spot On We already have LOTW and eQSL That wont honor each others data....Do we need another? I have always thought that the QRZ logbook was a fun logbook. Not anymore I guess.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  7. IK4MEE

IK4MEE Ham Member QRZ Page

Please go back to the old logs, and the new one 'complicated and unusable!!

8. OE7TTT

Alex, PERFECT !!!

Please leave it, the "last logged contacts"

Thanks a lot !!

9. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You spoke, and we listened. Now showing the last 15 contacts, both confirmed and unconfirmed.

73, -fred

10. N5INP

N5INP Ham Member QRZ Page

Many thanks!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.