ad: M2Ant-1

Why ar there only "Latest confirmed contacts" shown ?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by OE7TTT, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AF5HZ

AF5HZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Then I will no longer enter any contacts into the QRZ Logbook. There will be no point.

There are many, many, many contesters and operators that do not, and never will, enter or upload their contacts into QRZ. I think if you run some statistics on everybody's existing logbooks you will find that to be the case.

I want other people to see the contacts I have made, confirmed or not. I like to see other operator's contacts also, both confirmed and unconfirmed, just like it was before. This is very useful (for many reasons) and enjoyable information to the amateur radio community worldwide. In fact I wish that it would show more contacts than it does now.

Having double blind confirmation is indeed a nice addition, but it needs to be an ADDITION and not an EXCLUSION. This is a huge step backward and a great loss of functionality. I have no problem with making the difference between "confirmed" and "unconfirmed" more obvious when somebody views a log. You could use colors, fonts, badges, or whatever to visually enhance the difference. You could also give the owner and/or the viewer the option as to which contacts he wants shown.

We all know that sometimes the unconfirmed contacts may contain some incorrect information. And that's OK. That's why they are unconfirmed. I would like to think that the amateur radio community is intelligent enough to know that. But the viewer needs to be the one to decide if the information is useful and what value to give it.

2. W7TX

W7TX Ham Member QRZ Page

V2 is not good for me either. I liked V1 and I have over 9000 qso is my log but no more. I will no longer log on this site. I have turned my logbook off, now hopefully those stupid notifications will stop showing. I still log to Lotw and eqsl where it counts. Most people don't use this log. My confirmations where very few anyway.

3. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

My attitude sucks? I haven't given anyone any attitude. You however came in here saying something to the effect of "You only get your little title because people like me pay for it." When I said I couldn't change the logbook tab on the biography page without undermining the double-blind.

It's true. You subscribers are a large part of the funding for my salary, I am humbled, and appreciative of that, but that does not mean I should undermine the validity of the system for everybody to suit the preferences of a few. I am sorry that you don't like the decisions that were made by the team at QRZ to employ a double-blind standard, and in doing so that means that unconfirmed contacts cannot be displayed to anyone but the person who entered them (otherwise it wouldn't be double-blind -- see my discussion in this thread with KK4CHM.) But this is not something I can change.

Now, are you sure there isn't misunderstanding here? You still CAN upload your ADIF. You still CAN see your confirmed and unconfirmed logs in your logbook. The only thing you CANNOT do is see someone else's unconfirmed QSOs on their biography. -- Again, please read my exchange with KK4CHM above. If this does not explain the reasoning for this decision in an acceptable manner, please feel free to continue the discussion with my boss, AA7BQ if you feel I am being unreasonable.

A big part of the reason that contesters (we polled many) did not use QRZ logbook was due to the fact that is was more of a novelty than a tool. No awards were offered, no contests were conducted, and validity of QSOs were never verified (anyone could log a QSO with anyone, and a simple click would show the QSO as confirmed, regardless of whether it happened or not.)

The new logbook addresses all of these areas. The double-blind is an extra step in ensuring validity. We will be offering operating awards, and potentially sponsoring contests soon. This will make the QRZ logbook more of a useful tool for achieving operating awards/storing and viewing QSOs and less of a video game for novelty fun.

I do not understand the concept of double-blind being an addition. If we didn't eliminate the sharing of the unconfirmed QSO data, it was not a double-blind. Please read my exchange with KK4CHM above which details this more clearly.

Again, YOU can view YOUR confirmed and unconfirmed QSOs. You can view other users confirmed QSOs, the only thing you can't do is view other user's unconfirmed QSOs.

4. TK4RC

TK4RC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have nothing against seeing only confirmed QSOs and double blind seems a good principle.
    Just, I do not very well understand the display order : it seems not QSO date, not confirmation date, not alphabetic order of the call. Confirmation date I think would be the better. But actually I could not find what the list is following. On the other hand it seems complete. For me.
    One example would be too fastidious, I am sure you will see the case on any log as soon you have time.
    Or may be I did not see the trick ? ..

5. N0AMT

Your log appears to be ordered right to me, newest logs to oldest logs. As an example your first 5 logs are: 2013-12-07, 2013-11-30, 2013-11-30, 2013-11-23, 2013-11-16

You can select from the Sort: dropdown to change it to QSL date if you want it sorted by when the QSOs were confirmed. Unconfirmed QSOs will then be at the end of the list ordered by QSO date.

6. TK4RC

I was talking of the confirmed list you get by the clicking the tab "my logbook" on your call sign page. The topic so warm by now.
    May be I should have explained ....
    yes on my full log it is OK.

TNX for fast answer anyway.

7. N0AMT

OH! I misunderstood, my apologies. I will investigate it. My ASSUMPTION is that it is sorted by the date that the confirmation occurred so that the newest confirmation is first. I will verify this.

8. N0AMT

Nope, I was mistaken. I will see about getting this resolved soon.

9. TK4RC

I let you see the thing Alex.
    It was also my assumption and it is what I would like to see. But my checks seem to show it is not the case and I could not find the law behind all that.
    I think you will.

Keep on working quiet (Not so easy I know, with thousands of customers on line ...) I have been a developer myself but never on direct fire of users, like you are. I would ask twice my price .... As long I could stand.

10. N0AMT

LOL, I appreciate that! I choose to be in the line of fire, because it's my rocky launch that caused the chaos. Nobody else should have to clean up after me. That said, we've got it mostly sorted now, and it's just a matter of getting everybody settled in before working on the upcoming enhancements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.