ad: GNOHF-1

Why ar there only "Latest confirmed contacts" shown ?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by OE7TTT, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N0AMT

N0AMT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We are working on options for showing the operator name in the QSO list. It's not just a simple add because screen resolutions vary so we have to ensure any changes we make don't break the layout. One potential solution will be customizable QSO list layout, but this has to be vetted, built and tested.

Attack me all you want folks. I'm just building it. I'm sorry my "little title" is such a point of contention for you. I'm hoping that you're misreading and misunderstanding, however.

You can still upload your logs. Your confirmed and unconfirmed logs will still show up in the logbook. however ONLY your confirmed logs will show up in the logbook tab of your biography page.

If you just want to target me and my "little title" go ahead, I can take it.

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?423056-Differences-between-QRZ-Logbooks-V1-and-V2

2. OE7TTT

OE7TTT Ham Member QRZ Page

We do not attac you, we want only an solution to see all logs, not only the confirmed !!!

3. N0AMT

You CAN see all logs by looking in your logbook, you can only see confirmed logs on somebody's biography page.

I can discuss with Fred the possibility for you to see your own unconfirmed QSOs on your own bio page, but visitors to your page would still only see confirmed QSOs. Is this what you're looking for? I'm sorry but showing other users your unconfirmed contacts defeats the purpose of the double-blind and undermines the validity of the entire logbook system.

4. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Me-thinks there is a communication issue here. I can see ALL my contacts in my log, no problem. Maybe you have a filter set wrong?? I think some folks are still viewing V1 and not V2. When I click on "My Logbook" under my Bio, it takes me to "confirmed" QSOs, but when I click on the "View your full logbook" it takes me to a link to see my contacts in V2, ALL my contacts! No problem!

............Bob

5. W1HBO

W1HBO Ham Member QRZ Page

All in all, I think these changes are great. But, for instance, my brother on the other coast likes to see what contacts I've made lately and my QRZ Logbook tab was a convenient way to do so. He can no longer do that, so be it.

However, I must still contend that showing all contacts, confirmed or unconfirmed, in NO WAY undermines your new, double-blind system. How does it undermine it? If it says unconfirmed, so what? Showing an unconfirmed contact is exactly what is says, unconfirmed and the viewer can certainly take that entry with a grain of salt.

I do agree, however, that the double-blind system is the way to go and the only real way to show true validity. But let the user determine whether or not they want to display unconfirmed contacts. I fail to see where that's skin off anyone's nose?

THANK YOU for all the hard work on the new system, it's GREAT on the whole!

Howard

6. N0AMT

Howard, here's an example: I create a QSO with you, and put in the wrong band. You enter a QSO with me by copying the contents of my biography page logbook tab. Now we both get Awards credit for a QSO on a band we never had. -- This isn't double blind at all. This is just like it was before.

If I show you what I put in, it's not double blind anymore and the validity is gone.

The concept of double blind REQUIRES that you and I both have to enter the data ourselves and that data has to match. If I can just copy what you put in, the concept is flawed.

Showing QSOs that are already confirmed, however is not a problem, because the double blind has already run it's course.

The other option is to show the date, time, and call of unconfirmed contacts, but no further details, but even that might be pushing it because then all you would have to do is trial and error band and mode until a confirmation is achieved.

All that said, we'll never stop cheaters. You could call your buddy and coordinate a "QSO" that never happened -- thereby circumventing our checks, but we aren't going to make it easy for cheaters to exploit via the website.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  7. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't have a problem with the double blind system. It's the way LOTW runs. QRZ is easy to set up, unlike LOTW. It appears that the QRZ logbook is working out to be the way I had hoped it would be when I started using it several years ago.
    Thanks for the good work, Alex & Fred. :)

8. W1HBO

W1HBO Ham Member QRZ Page

Alex, thank you for that explanation and it makes perfect sense. I humbly admit that I didn't think of that!

Carry on, you're doing great work here!

9. N0AMT

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad I could clear it up :)

10. WY4J

WY4J Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing personal but your customer service skills and attitude sucks. As OE7TTT also a paying member states, just come up with a solution. We were able to upload out contacts and we and everyone else was able to view them on our logs. Someone at QRZ made a decision to change this. Now we are making QRZ aware that we really like that option. It would make more business sense to come up with a solution than piss off a bunch of paying customers, don't you think so? Unless QRZ does not give a hoot about its paying customers and in such a case, we always have the option of taking our money some place else or spending it on something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.