Who is Adam Farber?

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by KW7DSP, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Frankly, I miss the point in discussing his license class. In the past, I owned and operated two commercial communication stores/shops. About a quarter of the business was from the ham community. At that time, only one of my bench/field technicians was a ham--the remainder of us simply competent technicians and engineers. Several worked for radio and television stations--several others had been R&D staff in the aerospace industry. One was self taught, and held nearly a dozen patents for RF technology. But not a ham...

The ability to buy, repair/rehab and sell ham equipment is not contingent upon license class. Some of the finest service technicians and RF engineers I have met did not have a ham license or had a "mere" tech license. Some of the most intelligent and electronically competent people around only possess Tech licenses. Class is not germane to the conversation.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

i have purchased 3 items from Adam, not through the mail, they were local (100 miles) pickup. ADAM met me half way. all items were exactly as he described. he DOES do a lot of deals. perhaps because the "word of mouth" about him is all positive.

3. AB3RI

AB3RI Ham Member QRZ Page

I've read, and re-read the original post and most the replies and I'm still failing to understand a valid reason for this thread.

Maybe it's just me. Yeah, I'm sure it's just me.

4. W4AJF

W4AJF Ham Member QRZ Page

Who is Adam Farber

Again good people, I thank all who posted I see there are lots of caring people out there and I am proud to be among them!

Adam Farber W4AJF

5. w4nti

w4nti Guest

Ur right. Class of license means nothing, and that includes the old FCC 1st Class Commercial.

Back in the "day" when they were required it didn't prove the holder knew squat about broadcasting and/or fixin the mess. Same with a ham ticket.

But what a ham ticket, or 1 phone did show was the person at least had a ''knowledge'' of what to do when the fuse blew.

Course now a days....well enuf said.

Dan/W4NTI

6. KB5PN

KB5PN Ham Member QRZ Page

As you no doubt have discovered by now, Adam is a super nice guy and well-liked.

As for what I see, you owe him an apology at the very least. Did you take him up on his request to call him??? Dare I say you didn't since I doubt you would have the b***s to do it.

7. PA3HGT

PA3HGT Ham Member QRZ Page

Adam is a very honest man and i did with pleasure twice business with him with a 775DSP and a DP59Y , I like him also because he wants to do the effort to send outside USA.When you buy from him , it's perfectly discribed what you expect.
    You can't go wrong with this guy.

73,Hans,PA3HGT

www.pa3hgt.nl

8. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

edit for brevity)
    William, i do understand how you feel about this thread. the origional poster seems to have brought a knife to a gunfight:D

it is refreshing to see people freely speak up and tell of their actual experiences on this issue.
    it looks like the vast majority all have the same type comments. i'm actually glad that this thread did not get closed. it shows that we, as amateur operators, do understand that there is more to AR than just getting your ticket and operating.
    we often are held accountable for our activities both on and off "the air". in this case the "accountability" is all positive and deserved.

9. K7ERQ

K7ERQ Ham Member QRZ Page

As Good As They Get! Adam Farber

I buy and sell many many pieces of electronic eqpt. I have personally bought and sold from Adam Farber, MANY TIMES! Professional. Honest. 1ST Class. His Word is as Gold! I am thankful there are individuals like Adam who can always be trusted. Adam Farber is a individual of Character. Ive been in business for 45 years and I know a Flake when I deal with one....ADAM FARBER is UPRIGHT, HONEST and one I look for to doing buisiness with. Roger K7ERQ

10. KP4HE

KP4HE Ham Member QRZ Page

Super person

Simple as it's been said. I too will post.
    One of the nicest, honest and by far decent men you will ever have the opportunity to know and deal with.
    73s
    David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.