Who doesn't like FREE (McAfee All access Antivirus with firewall)

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KD8DEY, Aug 28, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

I drive defensibly, but still wear a seat-belt. I ski with a helmet. I take precautions in a lot of things I do that protect me if something should go wrong, including anti-virus software. The real solution is to be smart about what you do, and have a safety net in case you do something stupid, or a new threat emerges unknown to you.

Anti-virus is just one layer of defense, I use regular image backups to my NAS server, as well as file based backups offsite, and run VM's to sandbox stuff I am unsure of. But that's just me. BTW, Win10 will be releasing VM based sandbox feature called "InPrivate Desktop" from what I understand. More tools are good.

Also been in IT for 30 years, and sold AV software for a bit (as well as backup software).

KLONDIKEMIKE likes this.
  2. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a cheap Chromebox. I figure it it gets totally hacked I can toss it in the trash.

3. KC8RLU

KC8RLU Ham Member QRZ Page

If there are those of you who are shopping around for anti-virus/anti-malware software, I recommend visiting https://www.av-comparatives.org. They do an awesome job testing and reviewing those apps and can narrow down the best top 10 of the year/quarter.