Which is better: Life in the digital era or life before the digital era?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by KC2SIZ, Aug 22, 2019.

?

Which is better: Life in the digital era or life before the digital era?

1. Life before the digital era

36 vote(s)
    55.4%
  2. Life in today's digital world

29 vote(s)
    44.6%
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

In my opinion, the real paradox of the digital age is this:

The more connected we become, the more isolated we are.

N8ZI, N0TZU, WN1MB and 1 other person like this.
  2. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"The more connected we become, the more isolated we are."

Not at all - now that I live far from family we stay in touch constantly - Email , Facebook, Facetime, Text, Phone. I communicate regularly with
    relatives that I only used to swap Christmas cards with or see at a funeral. I have reunited with old friends from High School and keep in touch
    with former co workers now that I have retired - even set up many personal visits online. I am much more connected with more people now than
    in the past. In the old days of letters and long distance phone calls - not much of a chance of any of that happening.

N2EY and AG5DB like this.
  3. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

I have an old analog guy but none of us would be on QRZ if we didn't have the digital age!!

W7UUU and N0TZU like this.
  4. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

That is awesome! I'm glad the digital age is working out well for you. Keep up the good work!

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I like life in the fast lane.

Good licks here by WB6ACU:

6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Appears to the the tour that Mark Zuckerberg took time off from Facebook to play bass for Walsh...

...looks like he was Chris Whitley's hired bass gun in the Brides of Jesus, too:

7. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Should have read "Appears to be the tour that Mark Zuckerberg..."

8. N4NYK

N4NYK Ham Member QRZ Page

I know that I had a lot more fun as a young amateur radio operator (all CW), with simple tube based equipment and wire antennas than I do these days. However, I still enjoy amateur radio, but as someone with a little more experience.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    WN1MB likes this.
  9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Changing over from analog Antennas, Speakers and Headphones to digital ones cost me a bunch of money. :rolleyes:

10. KC8RLU

KC8RLU Ham Member QRZ Page

I know this is a bit dated, but has anyone here ever read K7TA's books, "Silicon Snake Oil" and "High-Tech Heretic"? I think those pretty much say it all, despite the fact that they were written in 1995 and 1999, respectively.

N2EY likes this.