ad: Alphaant-1

Which Digital Modes Have Bitten The Dust?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KK4NSF, Aug 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

I tend to go for 16/500 but I'm never quite sure what flavor to try when calling CQ. I've made a few QSOs on 14105.5 and 14106.5 on 32/1K. Recently I've heard 32/1K on 40m.

2. KZ9HMR

KZ9HMR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Today I am going to pan the heck out of 20 meters! Normally I run my antennae out to the 80 meter length and check average SWR's accross all bands of less then 2.5. Today I am tuning the antennae down to the 20 meter length and am going to be pretty continous on 14.070.15. I have plugged headphones into the audio output port of my SCU-17 after double checking that my Windows drivers are conecting to the actual com: port (it seems to like com:5). Calibration seems to work on that port and I am lead to believe that sound is being generated ( I can hear it through the earbuds). Radio SWR meter stays right on 1.3, POWER meter bobs up to about 50 watts (actual setting is 65 watts). I think everything is a go on this end! I would be delighted to have someone actually respond to my signal. The two HAM friends that run PSK31 here locally have both died so I don't have them to tell me that I am getting out! :(

3. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

ok..... what mode will you be on? You might be a bit far for 20m, given the band conditions.... but I'll listen out for you anyway

4. KK4NSF

20m has a bit of PSK 31 traffic right now.... mostly from our Canadian friends.

5. AD7DB

AD7DB Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember the pleasant "chirp de-chirp de-chirp de-chirp" sound of ARQ AMTOR. Even got on it a few times with my PK-232.

6. KZ9HMR

PSK31 on 14.070.15 is where I am right now! if you can hear me! I am pushing 100 watts!

7. KK4NSF

ok there now..... go for it

8. KZ9HMR

I am now tuned to the 20 meter length and radio is retuned swr 1.2 power 70 watts

9. MM0IMC

MM0IMC Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a nice QSO on Olivia 4/250 a few days ago with a French station, on 20m.

10. KB1MCT

KB1MCT Ham Member QRZ Page

I can usually find someone to chat with on psk31. I enjoy digital ragchews.

Get crazy every once in a while and start calling CQ in different modes. I spent about 20 minutes last night calling with MT63. Nobody answered, but I'm sure I raised somebody's eyebrow somewhere.

MM0IMC likes this.