ad: ARR

Where Never Is Heard... ARRL Board "Code of Conduct" on HamRadioNow

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KN4AQ, Dec 4, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA3JPY

WA3JPY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Only people that care.

KD5BVX and KN4AQ like this.
  2. NS0S

NS0S Ham Member QRZ Page

I really don't want to jump into this discussion but maybe some people smarter than me can answer some questions. Gary, I hope you are reading this. You probably would be able to comprehend this better than me. I am just a firefighter. I read your first post about K3RF and his disqualification to run for office. If that is the case the ARRL board is acting in violation of Article 5 of their Articles of Association.

At the time of the election of each Director there shall also be elected a Vice Director who shall have power of succession to the office of Director as hereinafter prescribed. No person shall be eligible for the office of Vice Director who does not possess the qualifications herein specified for the office of Director.
    http://www.arrl.org/arrl-articles-of-association

If he isn't allowed to run for office because of a conflict of interest how does he have his current elected position?

3. KN4AQ

KN4AQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi, Jeremy!
    Apparently no one will tell him what the conflict of interest is. I'd have to assume that it developed, or was discovered (or was invented?) after he was cleared to run for Vice Director.

This is a good, but also 'loaded' question to ask any Director.

http://epa-arrl.org/k3rfs-petition-...g-election-for-arrl-atlantic-division-denied/

KG7LEA likes this.
  4. WY7BG

WY7BG Ham Member QRZ Page

I have seen organizations' boards of directors do this before, and it is usually a sign that the board is going rogue. I will not knowingly join an organization which has this problem.

When I recently received a membership solicitation from ARRL (of which I am not a member) in the mail, I wrote on it, in big letters, "REVOKE THE BOARD'S GAG RULE AND I WILL JOIN." I then put it neatly in the supplied envelope and mailed it off.

Perhaps if more people do this, they will get the hint?

WU1B, NL7W and KD5BVX like this.
  5. N5SUN

N5SUN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is Dick Norton the Bernie Sanders of the ARRL? Did the ARRL adopte the tactics of the DNC to choose who they want as director. This all sounds so familiar and corrupt.

KD5BVX likes this.
  6. KG7LEA

KG7LEA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If ARRL can use the recent Force of Fifty deployment as an entree, it can tap into FEMA monies for disaster response. The League will offer highly-skilled volunteer talent and get paid for it. Then it won't need memberships.

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Now a days, Even a wire can not conduct itself properly.

When will the madness end ?

WY7BG likes this.
  8. WY7BG

WY7BG Ham Member QRZ Page

When they, er, induct some new board members? ;-)

9. W4JF

W4JF Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred,
    I can't really see where the test lab guy/guys would be influenced or told to skew standard performance testing to meet or exceed advertised expectations of the piece of equipment under review. That said, and to your point, placing a add on or near the test results is a poor decision and propagates the thoughts and perceptions you have expressed. Certainly a neophytic move on the part of the editor to allow this to occur.
    Joe W4JF

10. K3QNT

K3QNT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I feel this video was a fair and well-researched piece on the so-called Code of Condut. The ARRL board has clearly made
    a serious policy decision for whatever reason. I am still uncertain why such a doucument is even necessary. Do they not trust
    each other to act responsibly. Of what are they so afraid?
    73, Lloyd - K3QNT Bedford , PA

KG7LEA likes this.