Where Never Is Heard... ARRL Board "Code of Conduct" on HamRadioNow

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KN4AQ, Dec 4, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
  1. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

Goto page 1
    And maybe a doc, OM
    United we stand, divided, well, you're looking at it.

2. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you Gary for all your work.

NK2U and KD5BVX like this.
  3. W0QGS

W0QGS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I get the fact, we as members shouldn't leave the ARRL over this one issue, as we all have a say (somewhat) on who is elected (to a point unless the ARRL makes accusations on "ethics" and withdraws a person from the election as we have seen). But my question would be, WHEN is enough, really ENOUGH?

In my years, the only way to hurt those who are high on their pedestals, is to knock them off! Unless this starts happening, I don't see anything positive coming forth.

The "gag order" is seriously going to ruin the ARRL if it doesn't change for the better of and for the members. After all, its the members who make the ARRL what it is. Why should I continue to dump my hard earned money ("dues") into an organization when they continue to "gag order" the Directors and not allow members to know what is going on.

So again, the never answered question that always gets pushed aside and receives a drawn-out answer of nonsense (beat around the bush response), "When Is Enough, ENOUGH"?

NK2U likes this.
  4. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Agree totally and did the same thing: dumped my ARRL subscription. And yes, I know that it won't hurt them much but I can't see giving them another penny while they ruin HR.

de NK2U

5. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, they should be THRILLED to be on your show and explain their actions! Why are they hiding?

de NK2U

6. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wrote to the CEO and he told me that there would be no savings to the ARRL if they offered an digital only subscription... How is that possible? If you don't print a paper issue and mail it out, there has to be some savings! Just another HARD NOSED approach by the league!

de NK2U

KD5BVX likes this.
  7. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

There is also the reduction in ad revenue to consider. Advertisers pay more for print advertising. Advertising is still a big component of income for the ARRL.

Also, there are costs associated with providing things digitally. People forget usernames and passwords.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    WD9EWK and N4QX like this.
  8. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, Tom DID say that... however, what is the difference in an electronic ad and one on paper? Same number of eyeballs looking at it! I still don't see the difference.

de NK2U

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Zack!

When Zak speaks, please listen.

10. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page