ad: Retevis-1

Where in the world is your antenna taking you today? - K6UDA Radio Episode 44

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6UDA, Feb 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K6UDA

K6UDA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This time I'm exploring the world of wspr or weak signal propagation reporting and the new WSPRLITE transmitter from SOTABEAMS. Plus, MacloggerDX version 6.08 a game changer in Mac logging and my custom P3 display.
    ALT 44 thumb.jpg

KG5LCV, KG5EXW, W5KV and 2 others like this.
  2. K9PLG

K9PLG Ham Member QRZ Page

WSPR is pretty neat... can see the benefit of having a dedicated radio for it as when I tried it few years ago I found you had to let it control your radio for a few hours to get heard and to hear others, but it's cool when you're heard half way around the globe on 5 or 10 watts and you get an email with the location, date, time, and signal strength from the node that picked you up :) .. 73

W2MS and K6UDA like this.
  3. VE3LDP

VE3LDP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice job on the WSPR video Bob. I have been having a blast , so much so I picked up a second WSPRlite...can't wait for the antenna season!

You compared your results to " Carol" ... the big difference in performance was not your antennas it was the fact that she was transmitting 14db higher in level then you.

Its interesting looking at the mindset out there when it comes to WSPR. Any antenna good or bad will more or less get you around the globe all you have to do is crank up the power. Most stations running WSPR are 5 Watts or less and that is a good thing hopefully most will adhere to the low power practice.

The most fun I have had was cranking it down to 0.001 Watts and seeing who heard me what a blast. I have been blogging all my results if your interested they can be found here .... http://westgreyham-ve3ldp.blogspot.ca/ .

73's de Ron VE3LDP

K9PLG and K6UDA like this.
  4. K4WDR

K4WDR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for taking the time to post this info and the video otherwise I would not have known about them. Ordering one now.

5. KE0CTG

KE0CTG Ham Member QRZ Page

My WSPRLite came in a couple days ago, very cool piece. It was reasonable easy to get it up and reporting. Since I am unable to put up a permanent antenna, it will help me get the most from a temporary setup.