ad: M2Ant-1

Where does HRD Logbook get its locator info?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Deluxe - HRD' started by N4RMT, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
  1. N4RMT

N4RMT Ham Member QRZ Page

This is minor, and I'm a nitpicker at times, but I've noticed the locator in HRD logbook entry window that auto populates when the call sign is enterd seldom matches the locator in the "detail" section on qrz... Why is that?

2. N4IAG

N4IAG Ham Member QRZ Page

On their forum they say it's now based on the center of the country.

3. N4RMT

Ah. Thanks. No way around that, I suppose? I like the actual locator when available, and it usually is on QRZ. But the "QRZ" button never seems to do anything when I press it.

4. K3DCW

K3DCW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The QRZ button works just fine....if you're an XML subscriber. Don't want to pay? Then you don't get the benefits.

Dave
    K3DCW

5. N4RMT

Thanks, Jerk...

6. K5RCD

K5RCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So what's with the name calling ?

The guy gave you a civil and accurate response.

7. N4RMT

No, the guy implied I was some sort of cheapskate demanding for something for nothing... The purpose of my thread was to see if perhaps I had something configured wrong. I never complained about the QRZ website. I was talking about HRD the entire time. That's why I said "the QRZ button". I don't appreciate his comment, or what it implied. To say nothing of the fact that it lent nothing to the discussion.

Thanks,
    Randy

8. K3DCW

Randy,

I didn't intend an insult, and I'm sorry you took it that way. I personally could care less whether you choose to subscribe or not....and the "you" mentioned in my reply was a "general you", not a specific YOU.

And I wasn't talking about the QRZ website...I was talking about HRD and the QRZ button (I even said "QRZ Button" in my reply) as well. The QRZ button does a query against the XML database that is available online for XML subscribers. It has nothing to do with the QRZ website, other than it is provided by the same people.

My point was this....if you want the accurate Grid Square information from QRZ to appear in HRD when you press the QRZ button, then you need to subscribe to the XML service. If it isn't that important to you, then don't subscribe; but you won't get the benefit.

It must be hard going through life LOOKING for insults on QRZ. (there, that was direct).

Dave
    K3DCW

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  9. N4RMT

And it must be mighty easy spitting them out instead of giving lengthy, well put explanations like the one you just did... What was so hard about that? You typed it all then, why couldn't you type it all the first time? Were you driving? ;)

10. K8MCN

K8MCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

gheez--is their a full moon or did some one wake up on the wrong side of the radio :)

11. K5RCD

K5RCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Perhaps THIS might help.
    [​IMG]

12. N4RMT

Haha. Not at all. Just a simple misunderstanding, I guess. All is well!

13. K3DCW

Sure. No harm, no foul.

Dave
    K3DCW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.