Where Are They?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KB1LHE, May 13, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. W4FS

W4FS Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm 17 yrs old and got licensed at 15 here in NC. There's only 2 or 3 other youth in my area. I am on for all of the major CW contests, some of the SSB contests, and can be found all around the HF bands on CW mostly, calling CQ and working DX.

Most of my peers/friends have no interest in radio. Sadly, I have gotten the response "Well, my cell phone can do that" in reference to the capabilities of ham radio all too often.

My email and more info is on my QRZ page.

Tucker
    KK4UNZ

2I0GYL, MI0YLT and KG4NEL like this.
  2. KE8AKW

KE8AKW Ham Member QRZ Page

Im 15 years old, Got my license when I was 14 years old! I have been around ham radio my whole life because of my dad (N8XQM). Finally took the plunge to get my license after being inactive in ham radio. Got my tech license on Feb 20th, 2015, Got my general in May 9th 2015 (1 day after my birthday!) You will find me 24/7 on the satellites! I also do occasional HF and digital modes. I have over 80 grids worked the on the satellites. See you later.

73's KE8AKW
    Nick

2I0GYL and MI0YLT like this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here's a whacky idea. Among the various youth operating events how about signing K*4***/17 or whatever the age is. And maybe that convention would drift over to normal operations like /P, /QRP, etc. Most of us old farts, no matter how curmudgeonly we may appear, welcome youth into the hobby and might more readily accept a weak fist from a /15 than a newborn vanity extra call that has poor operating skills.

I didn't word that very well to my own satisfaction but you get the idea.

4. N7DKZ

N7DKZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm one!!! 12 and extra!

2I0GYL, KE4HTS and MI0YLT like this.
  5. KB0HVB

KB0HVB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great job Ethan! It's wonderful to see that you've not only gotten licensed, but earned your upgrades and are actually actively participating in radio community.

I regret having waiting 23 years after getting my license before getting active. To all you young (and old) people out there -- Keep advancing and stay active!

2I0GYL likes this.
  6. MI0YLT

MI0YLT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi summer here I am 14 got first licence foundation uk at 12 and intermediate uk at 14
    My sister grace got foundation at 10 and intermediate at 11!
    She was the youngest ever in n.ireland
    I have over 1200 contacts in my log book since get my 2i0ylt intermediate call on 3 rd of January 2015
    Please click on my web contacts it would be much appreciated 73's
    Till we talk on air byeeeee

7. KD2EOM

KD2EOM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a 14 year old Extra class ham and I've been active on HF for a while now. I have met a few other youths on HF as well.

Personally I prefer HF as opposed to 2M, mainly because of the DX.

Tobias KD2EOM
    QSL.net/kd2eom

8. KG4NEL

KG4NEL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, I feel old now :p

9. KG8CX

KG8CX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi, great QRZ page you have. Congratulations on a wonderful ham radio bio. I run the YACHT youth net every Sat. at 7pm CST on the W8PIF-R echolink system. If you have echolink, connect up to us. We would be honored to have a young lass from Ireland check in. Take care and 73
    Ed KG8CX

MI0YLT likes this.
  10. KG8CX

KG8CX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi, nice QRZ bio. I run the YACHT youth net every Sat. at 7pm CST on the W8PIF-R echolink system. I would enjoy having you connect up to us and meet other young hams. We have over 100 members from many states. Stop on by and chat with us. Take care and 73...
    Ed KG8CX

MI0YLT likes this.