What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

With the Soviets clamping shut their internet, I wonder if we will ever hear anymore from our good friend Vlad US7IGN?

2. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just worked W3YR who was SOTA just 250 miles north of my QTH. Solid 599. Seems like unusual prop - very close for 20 M.

3. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Soviets? You mean the USSR don't you? (Smile) All joking aside I would like to know if Vlad can still get through..

K5VZD likes this.
  4. W9YAP

W9YAP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just hung my LMR EF-80... Need to run the coax and tune tomorrow... Dare I try the Cricket first?:eek:

5. N8AFT

Give us a time range and freq pse...

6. W9YAP

W9YAP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I will see how the day goes. ...and I still need to build the Cricket...stay tuned

7. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm here! I'm not Soviet, I'm Ukrainian! =)

Last time I use IC-706MK2G on my outdoor activity and took part in our famous alcoteam UT4UWE (contest call UW4U)

After a long ̶b̶i̶n̶g̶e̶ absence, Sergey UR7UC joined us. Also at UkrDX Contest, we contacted KT2UU, the former UT2UU, who moved to the States.

Attached Files:

KC7JNJ likes this.
  8. N8AFT

Hey Vlad! Good to see you post agn OM!
    As always, Good Food, Good Booze, Good Radio!!!!
    VY 73 Lane in Ohio....

9. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Yesterday afternoon on the SS Red Oak Victory ship I set up my KX2 and a QRPGuys 9:1 balun + 18' of wire. Steel ship on salt water, antenna 50 feet high.

Tuned around 20m, heard a lot of JA CQ Contest... Called one, he came back to me immediately. wow, only 5W! I'm thinking, hey this is working pretty good!

another 90 minutes of trying, and nothing... still I had fun.

W5BIB likes this.
  10. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

0F4B51F4-51CA-4DE1-BECB-39D32963FA57.jpeg

Just some Caribbean chip-shots the past few days. TX7T eludes me, but I’ve already got Marquesas Is. worked and confirmed with 5w so no sleep lost. Looking forward to CQWW next weekend.