ad: SMHam-1

What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. ON4BCA

ON4BCA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked today IO5CNPP with 5W on 30m.
    Missed several interesting calls because operators do not listen. between cq series only 2 seconds, what purpose does this serve?
    73, ON4BCA G-QRP 15878

2. KF9VV

KF9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been continuing to have a ball with the QCX and a Buddistick on 40 Meters while out camping. Worked WI and ME from AR tonight and received nice solid signal reports from the other guys.

That is all I have ever wanted in QRP, the ability to have QSOs without tormenting the guy on the other end.

KD8ZM likes this.
  3. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

Last night the Fireflies QRP group in Indiana met at the East Park in New Whiteland Indiana to talk and play radio. We heard a couple YV stations on 20m but could not get them to hear us. Still managed a few stateside QSO's using a ground mounted hamstick and one radial on 40m. We had a Hilltopper 20 and a K2 running off battery. A good night for a good time using QRP from the field.

4. NB4T

NB4T Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked a few this afternoon using a HW-8 and a dipole for 40 and 20. Going to get 20 in the morning before it gets too congested.

5. KF9VV

KF9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

Been out in the RV again. Moved the Buddistick to the RV roof this trip. Easier set up and no longer worried about someone getting tangled into my elevated radial. It seems to be working well. Striking up QSOs with 2.5 W has not been hard on 40M.

Tried a borrowed Iambic key on this trip and went back to straight key after mangling a few QSOs. I can do great with my hammered to death Bencher, but the paddle I brought along and I are not a good pairing. Sometimes for me, learning involves a tragic fail. It is ugly, but sometimes it is how I learn.

Thankfully, I packed a straight key and was able to knock out a few "redemption" QSOs.

Attached Files:

K5VZD and KD8ZM like this.
  6. KC7RAD

KC7RAD Ham Member QRZ Page

Just now got PZ5RA on 20M from Illinois using 5W to a dipole using FT8. Sweet!!!

7. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Decided that I wanted a multi-band antenna system again so I hung up a MyAntennas End Fed 80 thru 10. All SWRs in the CW portion of the band were below 2-1 except for 30 meters which was 2.5. Height is about 40 ft, orientation is due N-S. I like to use Winlink for testing. From my QTH here in central NC I linked with the following stations today between 1440 and 1620 UTC:

AJ4FW 342 degrees 133 mi 80M 5 watts
    AJ4GU 247 degrees 301 mi 40M 5 watts
    NX4AC 224 degrees 338 mi 40M 5 watts
    VE1YZ 046 degrees 1033 mi 20M 20 watts
    XE1CRG 239 degrees 1682 miles 17M 20 watts

Sunspot Number: 0, SFI: 70, K-index: 1

Antenna works as advertised as far as I am concerned. It'll be up for a while, I think.

Al

K5VZD, KD8ZM and N8AFT like this.
  8. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

YOU GOT YERSELF A WINNER OF A WIRE OM AL!
    BETTER KEEP THAT ONE UP!
    VY 73 LANER

9. MM3ENM

MM3ENM Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing remarkable today; worked a special event station in Lithuania : Worldwide Castles Award. Elecraft KX3, 5 watts, 20 meters. Also a few stations in the UK on 40 meters. Portable.

10. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

I spend holidays in Montenegro and have already made several QSO on my homebrew PPR-5

Not good place for antenna in my apartment here so I do it portable in forest near Petrovac

Attached Files:

KC8VWM and K5VZD like this.