What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KD8ZM

KD8ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

Having fun, worked about 10 for the MN QRP Party today. All 40m. Didn't hear anyone on 20m.

2. KD8ZM

Received my new LNR MTR3B in the mail today. Running on 11.7v lithium battery for an hour and 20 minutes this afternoon I was able to make four QSOs in the SE US and Canada, from Ohio. This rig looks like it will have a high fun per dollar ratio!

3. KD8ZM

Just worked US5XD /Ukraine on 5w at 7032.5 - very unusual for me to reach that far on 40!

KC3RN and KC8VWM like this.
  4. KF9VV

KF9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

Florida, Pennsylvania, Missouri and South Dakota on 40M this evening. FL was QRP both ends.

The QRP bug bit again.

KD8ZM likes this.
  5. K5VZD

K5VZD Ham Member QRZ Page

kinda like catching the flu,, ain't it?
    hi hi
    tom

6. N2ELI

N2ELI Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know who you were or ware you were. There I was just messing around.. I have and LNR LD-5 and a MFJ QRP loop. Both of which I have yet to make a contact.
    After pulling my radio apart and admiring her insides, I threw it back together and plugged it in. I plugged my Bencher in, and the thought came. Maybe I should
    start keying left handed. The VFO read 7.057.5 I Asked QRL? and thought.. Huh lefty not so bad. I called CQ a couple of times at 13wpm and before I really had time
    to think "hey could do this lefty thing" my call came back very faintly.. My heart began to thump! Will this be not only my first QRP contact, but also my first with the
    LD-5, and lefty, and on my MFJ loop leaning against the wall and nearly touching my Bass Trombone? But sadly all I heard was my call.. DE.. And QSB took it away.
    A few characters came out of the noise but not enough. "?" I replied.. "AGN?" I hoped.. All gone.
    Far more exhilarating than my first HF ssb contact. Perhaps more than my first CW contact. QRP is pretty sweet. CW and loops also.
    I am sure Yall are used to this but for me it is new and very very intriguing. Although I am sure it is for you also.
    Still hoping to make my first QRP QSO.
    N2ELI

KC3RN likes this.
  7. MM3ENM

MM3ENM Ham Member QRZ Page

Didn't have much time, but made SSB voice contacts on 20m with Portugal and Croatia, using my Xiegu X5105 and Super Antenna MP1.

8. N2ELI

N2ELI Ham Member QRZ Page

Just realized I actually made my first QRP contact yesterday! I must have left my FT-891 on 5w sometime ago.
    Anyway I worked WA4FET on 20m CW with a shorty Hamstick es 5w. 1063 miles. NY to FL Pretty cool. QRP CW is
    my new thing for sure.

MM3ENM and KD8ZM like this.
  9. KD8ZM

Accidental QRP! Love it!

MM3ENM likes this.
  10. MM3ENM

MM3ENM Ham Member QRZ Page

Was on the hill with my Frankentenna, which is the tripod and mounting plate from my MP1, and the coil and nine and a half foot whip, from my Buddistick. Worked Italy, Portugal and Spain.

KD8ZM likes this.