What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Confirmed. I made QSO with W2RE on 20-ty. 5w and wire loop on my side.

W5BIB and KC8VWM like this.
  2. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Chased SOTA operators WA6MM (nice zed page) and the very well known WG0AT. Both were hanging off of mountain sides (that's the way I pictured them, anyhow) in Colorado. 20 Meters continues to hang in there, solar minimum or no.

WN1MB likes this.
  3. KC3RN

KC3RN Ham Member QRZ Page

Just worked W4FOC in Orlando. I know it's not a world shattering DX record from Pittsburgh, but he was 589 on my end, and he gave me a 579. We were both running 5 watts on 40m (CW). Sometimes a little does a lot....

WN1MB likes this.
  4. KD8ZM

KD8ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

A few recent contacts, all 40m during the day from Dayton, Ohio area:

Yesterday K1LKP Salem NH, he gave me a 599 report and said my signal was very strong. (Before he found out I was QRP that is, hihi). Great fellow and we had a long discussion!

Today N5PHT Indianola, IA. 579 report, also good ragchew.

Today KB2UZM Niagara Falls, NY 579 report. About 20 minutes or so.

QRP is still alive, although I'll admit that for me it's mostly calling CQ on 40m during the day. Nighttime is tough right now.

KC3RN and WN1MB like this.
  5. KD8ZM

Between chores, got to call CQ a couple times this morning on 40m, 5W. So far, W0CML in CO RST 569, and AA2XB in NY RST 559.

KC3RN and US7IGN like this.
  6. KD8ZM

Exciting! Just worked my first QSO using a paddle! K9P at Lambeau Field, just now on 7031. Mel. I was QRP. I called CQ and he found me.
    Up to this point, I've only worked a straight key. So I am happy to report I didn't crack under the pressure! Or at least not too badly hihi.

W5BIB and US7IGN like this.
  7. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

Calling CQ from Indy on 7120 right now....5w K2 to dipole
    \

8. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The day is starting off right...chased SOTA station EA1AER/P in northern Spain on 20 M. That's about 3900 miles. My first CW DX, if you don't count Canada as DX.

KD8ZM and US7IGN like this.
  9. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Today I made two qrp-qrp QSO with my little QRP station

Attached Files:

• tree.jpg
      tree.jpg
      File size:
      219.2 KB
      Views:
    KC3RN likes this.
  10. WA6MM

WA6MM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the contact Alan! I ended up making 43 contacts including AC1Z who was activating a SOTA summit in Hawaii. I assume he was QRP like I am when in the mountains here in Colorado.

SOTA is picking up steam in this country and I always enjoy seeing new callsigns in the pileups! Hope to work you again soon.
    73, Brad
    WA6MM