What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. YC3KNJ

YC3KNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

US7IGN likes this.
  2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

That's an amazing log. And just think - everyone was 59 at your end, and you were 59 at their locations!

Where's Bert when we really need him?

KC8VWM likes this.
  3. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

It is contest log =)

P.S. Today I took my little mcHF from the box and made few qrp-qrp QSO on my wire loop outside the window. All my sheck is now placed on the bedside table in the bedroom. Due to strong interference, even 5W is more than enough because others often hear me better than I.

Attached Files:

• e.jpg
      e.jpg
      File size:
      229.5 KB
      Views:
    KC8VWM likes this.
  4. WN1MB

Understood.

You know what I really like? SKCC on air events and QRP contests with their honest signal reports.

I have to agree with Burt on at least one thing: if everybody is 59, at least "in the log," what's the purpose of bothering sending a signal report if the reports are total BS?

KC8VWM likes this.
  5. US7IGN

I understand what you are mean and this is why my casual log is full of reports - 339, 559, 589 etc. But in contest log consist it is always only 599. In both cases, it makes its own sense.

KC8VWM likes this.
  6. WN1MB

If you require a contest contact to repeat his call sign several times to get it properly in your log, that contact was NOT R5. Putting R5 in the log is wishful thinking at best and lying at worst. Either way, it's simply lazy.

"I'm too busy keeping up my hourly rate to send and record accurate signal reports! 59 CT! 59 CT! 59 CT! QSL?"

KC8VWM likes this.
  7. US7IGN

Oh yeah! Do it like this! This weekend will be a great opportunity for this. https://www.cqww.com/index.htm
    Hope to hear you in the competition. I promise to give an honest report!

KC8VWM likes this.
  8. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Well regardless of those "canned" signal reports in the log, ( you guys know the drill during a contest) those were still the real contacts made using a QRP rig on battery power and a portable vertical antenna.

Yeah sure, it was a tough battle to work a world wide contest while competing with the contest giants using nothing but a minimal portable QRP station, but it just goes to show it is possible to do, and yes it can be done! :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  9. US7IGN

This is the time when even the largest elephant tries to hear even the smallest mouse.
    My farthest QRP QSOs were made during contests when bigguns use their stacks and could hear my short wire.

KC8VWM likes this.
  10. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good conditions on 20 today. Scored SOTA station KB9ENS who was just north of Los Angeles. That's about 2200 miles from FOB KM4DYX.