What kind of operator are you?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD8UEI, Apr 20, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. M6YOM

M6YOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Lucky
    10w pep & a single element vertical or cobwebb antenna mainly on 15m wrkd 88 DXCC .As 2E0YTX for a month and 50w pep wrkd a further 10 new DXCC, first got my licence 12 months ago Monday.
    (edit : as thought today's date was the 23rd ;-) )

AA8TA and WZ7U like this.
  2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

What kind of operator are you?

The absolute worst possible, the kind your mother warned you about. :oops: :rolleyes: :p
    :D

AC8UN and KI5WW like this.
  3. OH2FFY

OH2FFY Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually , my mother did warn me about Ham Radio operators.
    She actively tried to keep me out of electronics until I moved out of home.

I guess she had a BAD experience with a Ham once , bad enough to be hateful of the whole thing.

gregW:) OH2FFY

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    KF4SCI likes this.
  4. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

Casual operater, join in on a conversation round table MOKAN on 3885 in the mornings, and occasionally another on ten meters. Enjoy getting boat anchors up and running, returning them to, or as near as posible, original fighting condition, some station building, and a little design effort here and there. Been doing this for the last 65 years, so I'm not as enthusiastic as I was at eleven, but still very enjoyable.

5. K4YND

K4YND Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

1.) what I enjoy
    QRP,CW, SOTA, I like to earn WAS on particular setups. casual DX. dabble in contests. any outdoor event where hams gather.
    2.) what I want to try
    VHF SSB and CW, 6 meter grid squares
    3.) no interest
    75m ragchew, SSTV, nets, Ecomm, JT65 and others, anything that uses the internet as a leg in the contact.

AA7EJ likes this.
  6. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Since moving to TX did few "museum ships weekend events" despte the organizers or ships proprietors lack of interest or lost of original purpose to commenorate WWII , whichever came first.
    Same for Field Day _ did solo 1F class due to "it is an individuals contest" or eating gathering.
    Love to build cobwebs and enjoy chewing the fat about antennas.
    Do not care to "work" unihabited rocks barelly above surf.
    Love to make contacts with native OM and learn about his life.
    In general _ do not care for bullies or hams who "know everything and are better than anybody around " and ham,s who confuse social gathering with amateur radio activities.

And yes, I am opinionated, been there , done that since 5th grade with my "first radio" - crystal set.

73 Shirley /OK

7. KF4SCI

KF4SCI Ham Member QRZ Page

Some of the first things I did when I bought my first house was to turn on all the lights in rooms I wasn't in, had the tv & stereo on at the same time, left the door open with the ac on. Then I put an empty milk carton in the refrigerator! As I was jumping up & down on my bed I called my mom to tell her what I was doing and how great it felt!
    For some odd reason she didn't appreciate my news even though it was her suggestion.

KI5WW and AD5KO like this.
  8. DF1HX

DF1HX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Casual operator, 100 % CW/QRP

9. K2MMO

K2MMO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

CW operator who enjoys ragchews

10. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

...and Daytonmobile race driver.

Daytonmobile.jpg

OH2FFY and AD5KO like this.