What is the #1 single frequency for DX (to record over time)

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K2SDR, Dec 27, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. K2SDR

K2SDR Ham Member QRZ Page

A project I want to do for the new year is to determine the best SSB DX frequency on any band
    and record the activity over the entire year. I was thinking of the DX windows,
    but wanted to get input on what you think the #1 most used frequency for DX is.
    DX being the key.

TNX's

Jeff
    K2SDR

http://www.k2sdr.com

2. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

14.195 has to be up there in the list.

AB8MA likes this.
  3. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

Best means? Do you mean the most popular, or the most abused? How about the most consistent propagation combined with least interference? Now that would be a very useful project indeed.

Certainly 14195 would be near the top of the popularity list, but many expeditions (to some rare places) never use that freq.

4. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess that's one way to spend your free time...

Given the abundance of data you can sift through from the RBN or a myriad of skimmers (yes, I know you stipulated phone bands), it should be pretty easy to draw a bell curve showing there is no one specific frequency and draw a valid extrapolation to phone frequencies.

That would arguably be a more valid source of information than anything you could hope to obtain here or by recording one isolated frequency on SSB.

Kind of like asking a bunch of fishermen what's the best spot in the Mississippi River, Amazon,Nile, etc...

5. K8PG

K8PG Subscriber QRZ Page

6. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

Close.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    etc etc

7. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I can not share a single frequency, but if you want I can show you what Bands worked for me.

upload_2018-1-13_9-41-7.png